Have you ever destroyed any hardware/software purposefully through RAGE!

Soldato
A printer (nothing riles me like a misbehaving printer), several SNES pads, a PSX pad and probably others too. Never managed to break a NES pad despite trying. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Soldato
I threw an Amiga 500 and GVP Impact II Hardrive 52mb(best you could get back then) out of the window once from my bedroom in 1992 cause it locked up after landing the F117A stealth fighter(Microprose) after a long mission on the hardest difficulty which took me ages.

If that wasnt bad enough i ran down the stairs,grabbed a hammer from the cupboard under the stairs,ran out into the garden and pummelled the poor Amiga and hardrive with the hammer until it broke into millions of pieces.

My parents wasnt happy and neither was i...lesson learned.

I went and bought an Amiga 1200 after that from my lifes savings at 17 years old cause of the release of Frontier Elite II.

http://www.citizencoaching.com/course-detail.cfm?theCourseID=B1C21EF4-15C5-F4C0-9978BA185A2859E8

you need help...............

Soldato
My Gameboy advance I think it was.
I was playing Street Fighter on it and I couldn't do this 1 final challenge :(

So I threw it out the open window onto the concrete.
The only thing that broke was the LCD which I was impressed with

Soldato
I remember destroying a battery tester i had when i was young, can't remember why thought.

Since then i've bashed up a few keyboards and destroyed my htc hero which had been doing my nut it. Lost out on £40 but you know what, i hardly regretted it because i was so sick of it.

Soldato
Broke a heatsink clip on a K6-2 cpu socket, used a mix of superglue and some thermal compound to bond back the sink to IHS, kept falling off when getting hot. Quake session one day froze and Win98 BSOD'ed on me as i heard a clunk of the HS falling off inside, pc ended up in the back garden in pieces after i ripped it from the desk and threw it as hard as i could :o. Was 16 or so i think.

Soldato
I managed to sheer the handle off a butterfly valve, well out of rage I suppose. I'd been tasked to start a fresh water generator, but found that valve for the jacket water feed loop, which is used to heat sea water to produce distillate was stuck. So I decided to apply more force. It still didn't budge so I applied yet more force, and getting annoyed, kept applying more and more until the handle sheered off in my hand.

So I walk back into the engine control room to tell the 2nd Engineer, and he bursts out laughing because I'm carrying the valve handle in my hand. He knew before he sent me it was sticking, but thought I'd just give up, come back and tell him I couldn't budge it and they'd all get a laugh at my expense. I suppose he didn't count on quite how much of a ham-fisted lummox I am.

Soldato
Nope, I rage silently, many times I have throw the pad through the tv in my head, but the worst thing I've done was carefully but with anger, throw a controller down (onto the bed :o).

My girlfriend says when she was younger and had a SNES she was soannoyed on Mario that she bit the controller hard, showed me it with the teeth marks embedded, scarily deeply in it!

Soldato
I have an old 17" LCD somewhere with a hefty dink in it after I launched a pencil at the screen in frustrastion. I would say mice are high-risk targets to be honest.

Soldato
Just a couple of desks from my CSS days.

It was more than justified at the time, but looking back at it now it was a silly thing to do.

Soldato
yeah once playing cs 1.6 in college i raged and punched the keyboard.. the buttons went flying all over the class.. lol teacher just came up and told me to calm down.. lol.. i got all the buttons back in place and the keyboard worked fine (except the space button as that broke something off and wouldn't come back up)

then a few weeks later another guy did the same in the same class.. he had to buy a new keyboard even tho he did not damage it.. i guess the teacher liked me more :DD

in other class i have punched the monitor too it fell down but worked fine the teacher again asked "you lost?" she was cool thank god so yeah.. i haven't broken anything yet.. i have hit my desk/walls quite a few times but not hard enough to damage my desk(obvsly cant kill non plaster wall)

cant afford to :d

Soldato
It's a bit daft this and I'm not proud of this but I have a very serious rage issue with zero fuse for inanimate objects when I think they're playing tricks on me or cheating at a game (like I said, a bit daft/childish, I understand).

Gran Turismo has cost me 10+ controllers and a playstation
FPS PC Games have cost me countless KB's and Mice thrown at walls, through open windows or hulk smashed etc
Frozen MP3 players have been smashed by the bucket-load
An iron which burnt my shirt got flung across the room and smashed the door off a unit
A Laptop which broke the screen when I slammed it shut after losing a weak wi-fi signal yet again
Even a noisy fridge which wouldn't stop buzzing got stabbed to death with a screwdriver (burst a coolant pipe in the freezer section)

Yet I have no road rage & don't get angry with people (or take so long to get angry that the other person has buggered off). In the world of web videos I'm the man who beats his monitor up in his cubicle or smashes the printer before dragging his monitor over to the photocopier etc and I find it really hard not to go bat-poop crazy when confronted by an inanimate object thats taking the pee.

Last edited:
Soldato
My region free DVD player when a power cut killed it...loved that thing played EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and an electric tin opener....biggest waste of effort ever, its faster and easier to use a 1980's rusted old style opener.

and i got a 10 year old keyboard that will bite the dust once i can afford a new one :p

Soldato
Christ, some of you have issues. How stupid do you have to be by smashing consoles etc up just because you fail. You must feel like a right *** after when you have to go out and buy a new one.

Soldato
Mostly decomissioned kit which had personally caused me grief.
A colleague and I threw a shelf of old disks (12 x 3.5") that would randomly fail if the power went out, out of a third storey window into the carpark below.

Felt good.

Destroying anything from work which has caused you tens or hundreds of hours of hassle feels good.

Back
Top Bottom