Hawk Tuah

Soldato
The Euro 2004 England England version would be quite topical right now. Might go dig that out for some nostalgia.

Soldato
I'm confused. You think I'm trying to market her?

Wtf you on about lol.
I just saw you were talking about her marketable ability, even though it's clear she wants to forget about the whole thing.

If that wasn't your intention I withdraw the pimp comment.

Soldato
Not really. Its entirely dependent on why you went viral and how that can be monetised along with how low the person is willing to go. How would you make her a millionaire? What would you have her doing? No points for saying onlyfans ;)

I'm not saying I would have any clue how to market someone, because I'm not in marketing, but I'd be pretty sure that when someone or something becomes viral on the Internet then people would want to associate their product in order to piggyback on the momentum of it.

I have no judgment whatsoever on the girl but I understand hype sells stuff so I imagine people would think there's money to be made off back of all this.

Soldato
It was funny at the time(mid 30s here) because as I said before, watching it the first time, the comment was completely unexpected from a couple of girls being interviewed on the street. A few of the images that followed were quite funny also.

People need to lighten up, its had its moment, people will move on, I’m glad its brought some good to the girl rather than negativity.
Agreed.

Soldato
I just saw you were talking about her marketable ability, even though it's clear she wants to forget about the whole thing.

If that wasn't your intention I withdraw the pimp comment.

From a pure marketing perspective I would imagine something going viral on the Internet offers opportunity for people to make money.

What about something like crazy frog years ago. People saw that and churned out a music video and merchandise.

This hawk tuah thing is silly and probably not something the girl ever imagined would come back to her on this scale. But someone somewhere will see money to be made.

Soldato
This thread is really interesting into the mindsets of people on the forum.

I don't really know many people's ages.

Is it fair to say people hooked on this type of stuff are under 30?i might be wrong. But I just don't get it. Obviously I get the reference. But I don't see why this in particular has gone viral

I get (for example) why prime is drink went viral a bit more. A strong marketing campaign. Lack of stock, susceptible kids.

But this? I just don't get it

I'm similar, i can see why it's been shared because "blowjob", but it feels like the kind of thing you see and then forget an hour later, not sure what has made it such a big deal.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Same for me.
I get why it's shared. Not why it's gone viral.

I guess you don't idle on many discords, or browse other forms of social media like YT shorts/insta/tiktok.

Discord especially, almost every server has a meme channel. As soon as something like this happens, and a couple of memes get made about, it explodes into a meme format. And depending on your sense of humour, can be hilarious.

Like you, I saw it and forgot about it. Then I saw the image in the OP, and had to think to work out what the context was. Soon after the memes kept coming.

The meme channels are great. It's like a concentrated flow of those whatsapp messages you get between friends that have been "forwarded multiple times".

edit: we have a very spicy meme channel on the unoffical ocuk discord if anyones interested. By spicy I also mean NSFW :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I guess you don't idle on many discords, or browse other forms of social media like YT shorts/insta/tiktok.

Discord especially, almost every server has a meme channel. As soon as something like this happens, and a couple of memes get made about, it explodes into a meme format. And depending on your sense of humour, can be hilarious.

Like you, I saw it and forgot about it. Then I saw the image in the OP, and had to think to work out what the context was. Soon after the memes kept coming.

The meme channels are great. It's like a concentrated flow of those whatsapp messages you get between friends that have been "forwarded multiple times".

edit: we have a very spicy meme channel on the unoffical ocuk discord if anyones interested. By spicy I also mean NSFW :D

Yeah I certainly avoid multiple social media outlets. My Facebook is quite tailored now to not stray away from my interests as much as you can. It'll show me new holiday reels for example.
I use Instagram for my own pics mainly and friends.
I don't really follow anyone.

And certainly avoiding tiktok!

And I tend to stick to discord for friends stuff.

So yeah I don't really see these things very often.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not saying I would have any clue how to market someone, because I'm not in marketing, but I'd be pretty sure that when someone or something becomes viral on the Internet then people would want to associate their product in order to piggyback on the momentum of it.

I have no judgment whatsoever on the girl but I understand hype sells stuff so I imagine people would think there's money to be made off back of all this.

I'm not in marketing either but even I can see the benefits of her advertising a can of Pledge.

Soldato
Curiosity (and it being a Friday afternoon) got the better of me and I googled Hawk Tuah, what a waste of time. Why is this news/popular/trending/anything/...?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Curiosity (and it being a Friday afternoon) got the better of me and I googled Hawk Tuah, what a waste of time. Why is this news/popular/trending/anything/...?
You ask this because you don’t put the effort into looking into it, as proven by you skipping every post asking the same question

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom