1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayfever - Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil79, Apr 25, 2013.

1. rodders

Wise Guy

Nose spray, tablets, eye drops. Nothing is working for me. By the time I get to doctors it'll probably be over. Just have to put up with it.

2. Bonjour

Sgarrista

Worst day of hay fever I've ever experienced. Nose has not stopped running and the eyes demand rubbing permanently.

3. Dis86

Capodecina

Has anyone else had their symptoms completely change? I used to get the runny nose and itchy eyes but now I just feel like someone's inflating a balloon in my sinus cavity. It hurts like hell!

4. kindai

Soldato

Been popping 240mg fexo a day in the morning topped up with acrivastine every 6 hours until bedtime. Is keeping it under control, though am aware this is quite the daily overdose. However standard 1 a day isnt doing anything to stop it.

5. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Best advice relating to Hayfever I ever had was from a Pharmacist who told me to wash my face every few hours when the symptoms were really bad.

At the moment I am showering before bed as well to wash pollen off.

6. almoststew1990

Mobster

My heyfever had been the worst its ever been this year... I thought it was winding down as I went through uni but it's been back for a couple of years. This year has been nuts, constant noise streaming, eyes itching (Which I never used to get) face aching.

I now live in a city with bad pollution - do you reckon that could be anything to do with it?

7. mikedigitales

Hitman

Yep, my hayfever definitely isn't helped by air pollution. Best place to be is near the coast normally.

8. Dav4

Mobster

Yes I’ve been told to shower when getting home or of a night to get the pollen off by a doctor also. Another tip I was given was to also put Vaseline up my nostrils before leaving the house as the pollen sticks to it or something and it stops as much getting up there. Vicks also works.

9. Malevolence

Capodecina

I have to take 2x 180mg Fexofenadine and 2x 25mg Atarax a day for my condition, the upside is that it keeps my hayfever at bay too. :D

10. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

i cant even cut the grass because of heyfever

11. Steedie

Man of Honour

Mine has been absolutely brutal this week. Wake up and my eyes are virtually glued shut and unbearably itchy for about half hour. I've pretty much had tissue up my nose 24/7, luckily I work from home, as it's the only way I stop sneezing. My usual medication doesn't even touch it this week :(

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I find mine is really bad for two weeks at the start of June and then pretty much goes away.

13. grudas

Capodecina

have been suffering big time this year.. the past week has been a hell.

nothing seems to really help!

I've got blocked nose, dry lips, sneezing, itchy eyes, itchy throat, runny nose.

just feel like a zombie, can't enjoy this weather!

haymax + tablets + eye drops sorta help a little but still suffering.

14. vanpeebles

Soldato

For years I have suffered brutally with hayfever, but this year *touch wood* completely fine. I wonder if it was the very late spring?

15. Skillmister

Capodecina

Yesterday was pure itchy eyes. Today eyes are fine and nose is like a tap. So weird

16. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Here's an interesting little thing: I started cycling to work two years ago, in the summer (especially now) the bridleways are totally overgrown with nettles, I get stung to pieces twice a day... But my hayfever over the last two years has been surprisingly ok. I've had it since a young age, for 6 months of the year, usually a concoction or one a day tablets and beconase, wearing glasses where possible and a shower before bed has kept it manageable. But it has started very late for me this year, and the symptoms have been fairly minor (worst day was yesterday after my ride home). Coincidence perhaps, but if you want to, go throw yourself in a nettle bed three days a week. :D

17. Badg3r

Gangster

I've been suffering really bad the last couple of days. Dont usually feel too bad with it. Throat feels like a desert!

18. Glanza

Capodecina

This is the first week this year I've started suffering again, been and bought some Becanose this morning and it's helping so far, back on that daily now till Autumn.

19. itchy

Mobster

Its been bad this year and it has not made any better living on a bloody park.

Tree pollen everywhere, my eyes are burning like hell.

Not sure what it is, but this year has been hell the past few weeks.

20. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Looks like mines finally stopped. Suffered for years like a lot of you, been declining for the past few years. This year, my eyes itch. Thats it. Only took 40+ years.