Hayfever - Thread

Man of Honour
we don't pay for prescriptions in scotland.
its still like the most common heyfever medicine which you don't need to see a doctor about. Especially when apparently they don't work on you, except when you think they are something special.

oh and well done wasting NHS money. it costs them far more than you, you can get 6months supply for like £5.

Associate
Right. Didn't know.
But still, those items you could buy from any chemist.

But now i know what i am prescribed and that i can get it from a store, i would go buy it from the store in future as ultimately it'll costs the NHS far more than the cost of buying them from the store and the NHS are under enough strain as it is.

Associate
its still like the most common heyfever medicine which you don't need to see a doctor about. Especially when apparently they don't work on you, except when you think they are something special.

oh and well done wasting NHS money. it costs them far more than you, you can get 6months supply for like £5.

i only used off the shelf tablets before, no nasal spray, they kept it at bay usually but this week in particular they haven't been helping hence why i went to the Dr to see if i could get something stronger that would help.

Don
I didn't think I was going to be too bad this year and then it hit me like a brick last week. Had to go to the doc and get my usual Fexofenadine. 2 days on those and I'm good again. Amazing stuff. Pity it's prescription only in the UK. You can buy it off the shelf in most countries in Europe.

Associate
Dunno if its any use to others but I had the worst hayfever ever. Tried nose sprays, allergy tablets, drowsy / non drowsy and things worked a bit here and there but life was crap. 5 years ago I decided to try keto/low carb eating and by accident that cleared up my hayfever completely. No idea of the science behind it but if I have anything with wheat in it the symptoms come right back, scratchy red eyes, etc etc.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I bumped this thread back in march, you lucky sufferers get it when its 26c+ and high pollen counts in june/july but so do I !

Anyhow I posted this few pages back:
1:Cetrizine -for price/performance last a good 4-8hrs
2:Beandryl Acrivastine relief- faster acting but most pricey, but 4-8hr lasting but good if other tablets stop or don't kick in
3:Fex tablets-took 1-2 weeks for tablets to kick in and work, high priced last 4-7hrs
4:loretadine tablets-cheap but can at times take few days to kick in, last good 4-8hrs
5:paracetomal tablets- These may not reduce hayfever directly but assist in swelling internally in the nose, throat and mouth areas making the
hayfever side effects low.

Try P-aracetomal tablets, I took 1-2 tabs in morning and then after a bit take my chosen hayfever tablet (Cetrizine) and then later an Acrivastine,
this combo has pretty much knocked any hayfever symptoms by 80-90%. I can also alternate this formula and reduce 1-2 tablets at times for example
not needed p-aracetomal this week only when I cut the grass then it got real bad.

P-aracetomal has been a blessing though it reduces the swelling in the nose and sinuses big time reducing it, if not stopping the sneeze and constant nose leaking tap symptoms !

Man of Honour
starting slightly late this year but last few days its finally here. Stupid tree pollen.

28qr9et.jpg

Soldato
Been suffering badly last couple of weeks :(

I have finally arranged a GP visit, will ask for a referral so that I can find out what I am allergic to.

Back
Top Bottom