Hayfever - Thread

Sgarrista
Commissario
Good news guys.

Acrivastine (benadryl) appears to be on white box prescription now.

Its the only thing that worked for me in recent years and they always just used to grab boxes off the shelf, but this year my prescription was in generic NHS boxes from a generic manufacturer.

This was after last year being told they were looking to stop providing it due to the cost and it being OTC.

Soldato
Anyone else find that any anti histamines make them Drowsy? Even the most 'non-drowsy' types make me tired enough to need a nap after a few hours.

I wonder if it's a genetic thing as my brother is a pharmacist and he's the same, so he's resorted to taking half a tablet instead.

Soldato
This has likely been mentioned already but Clarinaze, which I believe is the same as Nasonex, is the only thinbg that fixes my blocked nose during hayfever season. You need a prescription for Nasonex and can get Clarinaze over the counter. I get the latter now as it's less hasle and does the same job.

Soldato
Anyone else find that any anti histamines make them Drowsy? Even the most 'non-drowsy' types make me tired enough to need a nap after a few hours.

I wonder if it's a genetic thing as my brother is a pharmacist and he's the same, so he's resorted to taking half a tablet instead.

Yes I do, so take my tablets half in the morning and half in the evening. I used to take Loratadine but all of a sudden that used to give me palpitations, I would be working at my desk and all of a sudden my heart started to race like I have been running and had to breathe to compensate was a bizarre feeling huffing and puffing whilst sitting. I just use Cetirizine these days and do the half tablet thing

Soldato
My god, what has happened since 6pm yesterday? I've not stopped sneezing and the nose hasn't stopped running since. Loratadine isn't touching the sides anymore.

Soldato
random question, do you need glasses?

Ever since I had my eyes lasered, no more hayfever.... placebo?

Definitely placebo I've worn them all my life and still get it my nose is itching like crazy at the moment and my eyes are red it doesn't help that it seems to be the season for contractor grass cutting theres a strimmer buzzing away down the street right now

Soldato
I was fine this morning, come lunchtime I'm dying! Used a box of tissues this afternoon, sore nose, and headache again.

Does anyone else experience a sneezing fit followed by lots of sweating? Weird to explain lol

Soldato
My god, what has happened since 6pm yesterday? I've not stopped sneezing and the nose hasn't stopped running since. Loratadine isn't touching the sides anymore.

Same here. It warmed up a little yesterday evening, then bam! Itchy eyes, sneezing, running nose.

Can anyone guess what kind of pollen it is at the moment? Any way to find out.

Associate
Same here. It warmed up a little yesterday evening, then bam! Itchy eyes, sneezing, running nose.

Can anyone guess what kind of pollen it is at the moment? Any way to find out.

Grass pollen (The one which affects me). This ends typically at the end of July.

Weed pollen has just started too and ends it September.

Soldato
AUK-Pollen-calendar-original.png

I've probably blown my nose more times in the last 3 weeks than in the rest of my life, driving my wife insane.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom