Hayfever - Thread

Hayfever symptoms dramatically reduced for me after I cut most dairy out of my diet. Used to have to take tablets and use nasal spray frequently on the bad days, but over the past 2 years I very rarely need to use the spray to surpress it since cutting down on dairy. I guess I had a mild dairy intolerance!

Last few days have been pretty miserable for me and Piriton isn't lasting all day.

Have heard there is an injection you can get yearly to combat the symptoms more effectively, anyone had it?

Last few days have been pretty miserable for me and Piriton isn't lasting all day.

Have heard there is an injection you can get yearly to combat the symptoms more effectively, anyone had it?

Not had the injection myself. It has been really bad the past few days though, a lot of people suffering.

Doctors do you can can take more than one piriton a day though which may help.

I don't usually get hayfever but it was terrible today. Proper bunged up walking back from the local supermarket but recovered to normal an hour after getting back home. Then went to my parents to help them with a couple of things in their garden and my eyelids ballooned which again took about a hour to recover from when back inside.

I had the injection about a month ago, I have only had mild symptoms today really, usually I would be a mess this time of year so it's definitely helped.

Have to remember it's not a cure just dumbs down the effects.

heyfever has been manic over the past few days :(

Its just exploded in the last couple of days my eyes are alternatively burning or gummed up sat on a bench in this beautiful meadow of waving tall grass yesterday and my nose just turned into a snot stream like someone turned on a tap havn't had it too bad over the last couple of years but this year its back with a vengence

Mine has been playing up over the last few days but thankfully the Fexofenadine tablets are helping otherwise I'd be a streaming mess.

Taking same compound tablets, having just washed my hair has made my eyes feel less irritated, but felt so fatigued again all day today. Funny taste in mouth and slight sore throat with minor wheezy/tight feeling in top of lungs, not sure if this started after using my Octrivine nose spray (even took an LFT for first time in weeks just in case but negative). Doesn't help my lower back twinge from last weekend feels more angry today after a few days of feeling better... Feels like I've wasted my monthly Saturday off work. :mad:

My hayfever and asthma has been bad. Taken all my meds. The last time I felt this bad was a few hours before my asthma attack 3 weeks ago at work. At the time, my store was having some fixtures removed and replaced by new ones. The dust from this work caused the attack.

Never had hayfever in the times I lived in west Yorkshire. That was despite me living less than a mile from a farm/countryside.

Back
Top Bottom