Hayfever - Thread

Its just exploded in the last couple of days my eyes are alternatively burning or gummed up sat on a bench in this beautiful meadow of waving tall grass yesterday and my nose just turned into a snot stream like someone turned on a tap havn't had it too bad over the last couple of years but this year its back with a vengence

Oh ditto.

I've had next to no symptoms right up until about a week or so ago and its just been the worst. Taking way more antihistamines than I should along with beconase spray but its still miserable.

Normally for the past 10ish years I take cetrizine for a couple of weeks before hay-fever season and it does the job. Now it doesn't seem to be doing anything! Just been out on the bikes with the kids and am lying down because my entire airwave is blocked and itchy! Having to take the kids piriton on top of my own medication.

My eyes have been pretty sore the past week or two.

It's not something I've suffered from for the past couple of years, thought I was finally growing out of it.

I take Cetirizine hydrochloride (the £6/year Amazon ones) every day all year round due to dust allergies and such. Take Avamys nasal spray when hayfever hits hard, it does a pretty good job.

My 1-2 month hay fever stint is starting to begin. Never suffered at all for 40 years but one year it just came out of nowhere. 1st year I had all symptoms itchy eyes was the thing I couldn't stand but luckily that only lasted a year but all other symptoms persist for a month or two.

You would probably say that isn't too bad compared to some who suffer longer, well I do various jobs mostly outside and a lot of gardening, landscaping work. Gardener with hay fever :cry:

I found that fexofenadine works best for me, last few days needed one morning and one evening. Think you can buy it over the counter now as well rather than needing a prescription.

You can indeed, found it on the Shelf alongside other's at my local Tesco (TreatHay) it's branded as.

It is helping, but still finding 2 a day are required or towards the evening it starts up again. Can't seem to shake the itchy roof of mouth / sore throat though. Bored of this now!

When I first developed hayfever as a teenager it just randomly onset one year with extreme prejudice and was hell every year after. One thing I did find was that typically a "branded" anti-histamine would work fine one year, but the next year would do nothing at all and I would have to change brand :confused:

Thankfully over the last 5 years or so it's really been dying down, almost to the point of no symptoms at all, just occasionally such as this weekend when pollen counts were through the roof do I get a bit of itchy eyes and sneezing.

You can indeed, found it on the Shelf alongside other's at my local Tesco (TreatHay) it's branded as.

It is helping, but still finding 2 a day are required or towards the evening it starts up again. Can't seem to shake the itchy roof of mouth / sore throat though. Bored of this now!
Finding the same recently with the VH pollen count, evening time it is wearing off and requiring either another tablet or using flixonase.

Since I moved north my hayfever has been operating at around 10% of what it did when I was in Essex. I assume it's all the Rape fields, but whenever I go down to family in the spring/early summer it just punches me in the face.

Good excuse to stay up here I guess. I can manage it with a single fexofenadine (which can now be bought over the counter at Superdrug) and some nasal spray.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but you can now get Fexofenadine over the counter at Superdrug

Yeah mine's been brutal this last week. First year in about 15 years that I've not had any symptoms in April/May, but then this last week, hit me like a train. Itchy eyes and constant sneezing. My usual go to prescription meds aren't touching it

Amazon have it cheaper:

Thought my hay-fever was really bad this weekend but the aches started and it's rona. First time despite 2 years of front line NHS work.

£7.17 for 30 tablets with 15% subscribe and save, both of us using these now so two packs a month for rest of summer.

Some days like this last weekend their effect does die a bit in the evening, but I've stuck to just taking one a day (stupidly just taken today's after being up a few hours).

What do people think of Beconase? I bought the spray earlier today. I haven't tried it yet.

It says its non-drowsy. Is it? I know some hayfever meds say that and then they can make some people drowsy.

Back
Top Bottom