Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Have you guys tried fresh honey from a local beekeeper. Most of my sales this time of year are to people for help with their hayfever.
Yep, tried it one year and had the most horrific reaction to pollen for a good month. Never again. Maybe honey works for some.

Nowadays I take anywhere between 1 to 3 Ceterezine Hydrochrolide tablets every day. Today has been been moderate so I took 2 (one morning, one evening). Antihistamines before bed help you sleep too, btw - even during non-pollen seasons. But you don't want to become reliant on them.

This is the first year I haven't used a steroid nasal spray, and I'm regretting it a bit. My nose is bunged up and eyes are itchy. In previous years, using tablets plus some cheap equivalent of Benodryl in the run up to the grass pollen season, has worked well.

Caporegime
I literally walk my dogs twice a day, for an hour at a time, through a place with loads of uncut grass, lots of weeds, bushes, trees etc.

So I can't avoid the symptoms. Lots of showers to wash it off after.

Wash it off the dogs too.

Soldato
I'm stuck inside today due to the effects. So stuffed up, itchy eyes and dripping nose.

Never usually get it this bad, but been suffering badly for the last week. Even tried the local honey, if anything it's made it worse.

Soldato
Pretty sure the honey thing is a myth.

I take Piriton which can make me drowsy but seems to be the only one that works. Also eye drops, Beconase nasal spray and some Vaseline up the nostrils all help. So glad I don't wear contacts anymore, it used to be 10 times worse with the itchy eyes.

Not suffering yet, don't normally get it until July/August.

Soldato
So much suffering.

352738547_10167733489000533_6222427101948628439_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I literally walk my dogs twice a day, for an hour at a time, through a place with loads of uncut grass, lots of weeds, bushes, trees etc.

So I can't avoid the symptoms. Lots of showers to wash it off after.

Wash it off the dogs too.
Your hayfever cannot be that bad then, because that would literally cripple me 100%.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last two years, fexofenadine and a prescription nasal spray has kept my symptoms completely at bay. Thought I'd finally gotten on top of it, however this last week, I've been housebound. Eyes streaming, constant sneezing, my chest is so tight I'm having to use an old inhaler I had to use years ago.

Doctors still won't give me the jab so I've paid privately for it, £75. Better work

Soldato
I was using Bendryl for ~2 months but found my eyes were gettig increasingly irritated by pollen, now switched back to Allevia (fexofenadine) and it's possibly helping a bit more, just got the hassle of having to take it an hour before breakfast.

Soldato
Does anyone use Allevia on here?
I find that it works quite well, however the next day after taking it , I find that I wake up sneezing. It's almost as though my body needs it to not have any allergies.

Soldato
Yesterday was the first hayfever of the year for me, fairly rotten, and the wife is enjoying reminding me she told me to take antihistamines from the 1st of March, which of course I didn't.

I take fexofenadine or cetirizine which usually helps.
Remember your antihistamine eye drops if you get eye symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom