Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Been taking Benadyl recently, gone back to Allevia this morning after irritated eyes getting worse this week, nearly been an hour so I can finally get breakfast ready... The one hour before or two hours after a meal for Allevia is a bit of a pain!

Soldato
Been taking Allevia for the last 4 days and it is doing the sum total of SFA...not felt this bad in years :(

Eyes feel like I have cacti in them, nose is like a tap, and my SpO2 has been dropping to 87% overnight and sitting at 93% during the day, feel absolutely drained, like I have flu or something

Back to the cetirizine it is!

...and feeling much better again. Eyes are still really itchy in the evening, but I no longer feel like I've been hit by a bus, and can breathe properly!

Associate
Trying Allevia for the first time this year. Doesn't seem as effective or to last as long as Cetirizine... but it also doesn't cause the weird dreams I get with Cetirizine, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Soldato
I normally end up taking 2 cetirizine tablets when my hayfever gets bad. One in the morning and one in the evening. I know it's supposed to be 1 per day, but I wouldn't be able to function without the 2nd one as a booster

Caporegime
Mine is really bad at the moment, and yet:

Pollen forecast is low in my region

Any idea what I would be allergic too this time of year?

I'm taking the 120mg of fexofenadine at bedtime.

Associate
pollen count around here has ticked up to medium. I look at myself in the mirror and red irritated eyes make me look like Im high as a kite

Mine is really bad at the moment, and yet:

Pollen forecast is low in my region

Any idea what I would be allergic too this time of year?

I'm taking the 120mg of fexofenadine at bedtime.

according to met office: The grass pollen risk is on the rise, as more grasses come into flower. Fungal spores include Pleospora & Cladosporium.

we either suffer because of Mr fungus is getting jiggy with it, or the grass lawn is making us pay for cutting it

When this happens I miss the winter months sometimes (forgot to take my fexofenadine, oops)

Soldato
No point in doing the pollen count on weather forecasts. Firstly, its only features it for about 8 weeks of the year - I get HF from March - Nov (if we have a dry autumn, due to dust from dead leaves). Secondly, pollen is localised. So if your neighbours and those who behind to you mow their lawns all at the same time, its going to be extremely high pollen.

Soldato
pollen count around here has ticked up to medium. I look at myself in the mirror and red irritated eyes make me look like Im high as a kite

according to met office: The grass pollen risk is on the rise, as more grasses come into flower. Fungal spores include Pleospora & Cladosporium.

we either suffer because of Mr fungus is getting jiggy with it, or the grass lawn is making us pay for cutting it

When this happens I miss the winter months sometimes (forgot to take my fexofenadine, oops)
Ah the joys of No Mow May, which turns into No Mow Summer for some councils as just an excuse not to mow the verges. Wildlife aren't going to be nestling in grass by a busy A road!

Soldato
No point in doing the pollen count on weather forecasts. Firstly, its only features it for about 8 weeks of the year - I get HF from March - Nov (if we have a dry autumn, due to dust from dead leaves). Secondly, pollen is localised. So if your neighbours and those who behind to you mow their lawns all at the same time, its going to be extremely high pollen.

You realise that (despite the name) hay-fever isn't actually caused by hay? Cutting the grass frequently will actually reduce pollen as it doesn't get a chance to flower.

Soldato
I’ve been hammered this year by hay fever, and it seems to be since coming back from Egypt.

Before going, I didn’t have any symptoms.

Since coming back, I’m getting all the major symptoms really badly.

No change in medication. Started it in March like I did last year.

Soldato
Last couple of days have been bad for my heyfever. Kept sneezing and runny nose throughout yesterday
kicked off last saturday was expecting it as its now grass pollen season. Doesn't help that the council havn't mowed any verges and grass is 18" high and its all stalks laden with pollen its my eyes that are worst they're permanently red and it 'urts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom