Hayfever - Thread

Associate
Starting with the antihistamines myself - Tree pollen is a killer! I normally have to start at the beginning of Feb, so I'm doing better this year
I work as a gardener and the other day I was just walking along emptying the barrow and thought it was a bit misty, thought my eyes were going:D. Didn't think anything of it, then later I thought something was on fire as this smoke was coming from somewhere, again nothing was there. Then on the next trip to compost heap the yew trees just exploded with a massive pollen bomb Was pretty spectacular really.
I never got hayfever for 40 years, then got it for 3 years for just a few months, June to August, and now last two years nothing again so no idea why I had 3 years of it.
Hopefully it holds off again because working as a gardener and having hayfever isn't much fun.

Soldato
Been taking Allevia again since early March, bit of a pain working around the take an hour before food or two hours afterwards, recently trying taking it at bedtime as I often wake late morning as it is since long covid.

It seems to reduce or stop the sneezing and runny nose, but my eyes are driving me nuts... Sensation as if I'm surrounded by nasty fumes, rather than being itchy. Stops for a while after splashing some water on my face, but soon returns.
Wondering if I have another allergy going on, because this eye thing rarely happens outside of our flat.

The overgrown willow tree in back garden was cut down last summer, landlord still needs to take away loads of it, but really hoped my hayfever would be drastically reduced this year. No such luck.

Maybe this year and last were particularly bad for hayfever pollen, but I still wonder if raised histamine levels from long covid are reducing the effectiveness of hayfever meds for me, as hayfever makes the body produce histamines.

Caporegime
OP
Anyones Hayfever really bad at the moment? I usually don't suffer much but this time.. Meh

There's no sun, but the wind is strong so might be blowing a lot more pollen about :(

Back
Top Bottom