Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
Avoid histamine rich foods and drinks would be an additional piece of advice guys. I give up ale and red wine in the summer because the anti-histamines become ineffective if I drink those the night before. These days I drink cider, gin and white wine in the summer and whilst on the same meds they work so much better. It may not apply to many of you but worth bearing in mind.

Soldato
I still use Avamys nasal spray that seems to work wonders for me.

Another big help is having an air purifier in the bedroom along with aircon, meaning windows can be kept closed and all the pollen etc out.

Soldato
My 2 year old has started to get it, poor boy. Doc has been useless but managed to chat to the local Hospital and they gave some advice which helps.

The antihistamines didnt seem to work but they reckon it takes some time before being effective.

Just feel sorry for him, seems to be an Itchy nose and he cant stop rubbing it

Soldato
I have tried so many things in the past but Galpharm Treathay Fexofenadine have been the best so far, I have been able to buy those for like the last 3 years or so, I think those used to be on prescription only. I always buy online as the price seems to be 1/5 from a high street pharmacy.

Associate
It's kicked off for me today, sneezing like a mad man. June and the start of July are always a write off here.
It started for me yesterday, my eyes were ******* water in the morning walking to the gym. I never really get it at this time of year either, it's usually early spring and end of summer.

In the evening my nose is getting blocked so bad I'm sitting there like a mouth breathing goon. Not a good look.

Soldato
I never really get it at this time of year either, it's usually early spring and end of summer.

Same here, I'm an "end of summer" sufferer usually but I've been hit hard over the last few days and I've had to get my relief tablet of choice (Fexofenadine 180mg) ordered early because of that.

Soldato
Been really struggling last couple weeks. Been using the 120mg fexofenadine hydrochloride tablets but maybe I need to get to a doctor and try get something stronger!

Associate
Same here, I'm an "end of summer" sufferer usually but I've been hit hard over the last few days and I've had to get my relief tablet of choice (Fexofenadine 180mg) ordered early because of that.

I can't take anything like that anymore, as they counteract the betahistanine I have to take for an inner ear problem I have!

Soldato
Hey peeps, does anyone know if the Otrivine Antistin (Antazoline and Xylometazoline) eye drops have been stopped? Can't find them in stock anywhere, just the normal Sodium Conglomerate ones. :(

Back
Top Bottom