Hayfever - Thread

I've been fine all year but today really made me feel like someone had kicked sand into my eyes :(

Cetirizine seems to be doing the trick this year.

First time this year where hay fever has hit home, mainly the eyeballs.

Up to the beginning of June with zero related hayfever symptoms is a record.

Yep I've been trying to avoid the hayfever pills for as long as I can this year but think it's reaching a point where I'll need to get some as it makes my eyes itchy and sneezing a bunch.

Mine is usually worst May - July so managed to get 1 month further in than normal!

Once it starts theres no stopping it antihistamines will quieten it down until it flares up again usually after another heavy dose of pollen for me its grass everything else is fine but once the grass starts getting "stalky" I have to wear a facemask cutting grass or suffer the consequences if have any cuts grazes or scratches those areas flare up like a rash
Mine is so weird. Got nothing currently. Seemed to just get it for a couple of years then it vanished again. Did loads of strimming last week, proper field grass and not even a sneeze. Not taking anything either.

Last edited:
Mine flared up proper today, streaming nose, groggy eyes, dripping.. so crack out the beconase straight up the nose.

Did a test a few years back and doc says "you're allergic to everything plant based from march thru to September". I could a told him that, I'd been allergic for 40 years.

Sexually assaulted by plants. Ugh.

Couple of colleagues were absolutely miserable with it last night - funny enough both said to me they'd thought they'd got away with it so far this year.

Once it starts theres no stopping it antihistamines will quieten it down until it flares up again usually after another heavy dose of pollen for me its grass everything else is fine but once the grass starts getting "stalky" I have to wear a facemask cutting grass or suffer the consequences if have any cuts grazes or scratches those areas flare up like a rash

My dad used to get it terribly, one of the worst out of anyone I know and nothing medication wise would do more than take the edge off it, then he started using an anti-snoring nasal spray and by coincidence it straight up eliminated his hay fever for the last 5 years.

Last edited:
My wife has been particularly affected over the past few days. Just ordered some fexofenadine to see if that helps as most medicines usually don’t do a lot. Not tried this one before though so hoping it does the trick!

Back
Top Bottom