Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
I'm getting pwned this year. Was okay until last week, now it's dry and I swear it must be a specific plant ***** that's affecting me.
I have a cold as well and the heat isn't helping.

Bleh.

Soldato
I'm getting pwned this year. Was okay until last week, now it's dry and I swear it must be a specific plant ***** that's affecting me.
I have a cold as well and the heat isn't helping.

Bleh.
Its the height of the grass pollen season at present its killing me dry weather makes it much worse

Last edited:
Soldato
I had to buy some Clarityn recently. It's awful and barely works, I had to take 3 tablets in the space of a few hours! The cetririzine tablets I have are far more affective

I haz 4090!
Don
I bought some Allevia yesterday. Took one this morning and I haven’t had so much as a slightly itchy eye. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t given it a shot.

Soldato
Hey peeps, does anyone know if the Otrivine Antistin (Antazoline and Xylometazoline) eye drops have been stopped? Can't find them in stock anywhere, just the normal Sodium Conglomerate ones. :(
If it helps, I managed to get some Opatanol eye drops online. So far they've been really good for me, and much better than the Sodium Conglomerate drops.

Associate
Mine seems to get worse every year. Don't really remember it hitting me much until my late 20s. This last few weeks have been a kick

Soldato
I bought some Allevia yesterday. Took one this morning and I haven’t had so much as a slightly itchy eye. Highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t given it a shot.
Same. Bought them a week ago and they've helped loads vs loratadine.

Plus Sudafed nose spray morning and evening.

Caporegime
What do you mean...As in more sustepible to a blocked nose?
Yep, our bodies chase a state of homeostasis, persistent use of the sudafed spray basically makes those blood vessels default to a dilated state, so as soon as you stop using it, you end up with a stuffy nose.

Actual pseudoephedrine, like Boots brand decongestant, will be a full body vasoconstrictor, without the same risk of localised dependency, but isn't instant relief, and comes with it's own bunch of side effects.

Soldato
Yep, our bodies chase a state of homeostasis, persistent use of the sudafed spray basically makes those blood vessels default to a dilated state, so as soon as you stop using it, you end up with a stuffy nose.

Actual pseudoephedrine, like Boots brand decongestant, will be a full body vasoconstrictor, without the same risk of localised dependency, but isn't instant relief, and comes with it's own bunch of side effects.
Thanks for that, will keep that in mind

Soldato
I never find Citerizine to do much for me, have to take it for ages for any benefit. Loratadine kinda works for me like a slightly better version of Citerizine, not that affective, but more so, and can give it to dogs in small doses.
Best one for me is Acrivastine (Benadryl 8 hour), but would love to find a non-branded version at some point as it gets pricy and I end up picking up any and all of it if I ever see it clearance/reduced.

Back
Top Bottom