Hayfever - Thread

Soldato
just wanted to update, i bought an air purifier, whilst i thought my air quality was good this has changed my life

before (with windows open or not)
sneezing constantly (good 10 or times without stopping)
itchy eyes
aches and pains (not sure why?)
itchy throat
headaches
noise streaming with water
had to take 2 tablets+ a day of hayfever tablets

after (2 days worth of testing) with windows open & closed
sneezed twice, both times as i opened a window
itchy eyes has reduced, not perfect but i think its left overs from weeks of pain
aches & pain gone
itchy throat gone 90% of the time
headache gone
noise streaming gone
1 tablet has been enough

i did look at the filter, out of curiosity whilst it looked fairly clean you could see a fair of particles trapped in filter 1 & my sneezing fit started so put right back in the unit & ran away :D

i got a dark black core 300 from leviot which is on deal atm from a major online store for sub 100 & its soley worth it.
Example. Here

Soldato
Example. Here
to add to my previous post

since having the purifier for a few weeks get zero hay fever symptoms when this is on
Maybe my eyes will itch once or as week, that's about it., i've also now bought a 20 quid hepa mask for work travel I look like bane but I don't care with this I get zero hay fever issues outside too.
to the point ive stopped taking tablets

a few people at work have bought one two & had good success. The Only time its bad is when I'm clearing the filter :D

bare in mind, I vacuum & dust every 2-3 days in hayfever season this was the filter after 1 week (the first filter)

see attach image

Last edited:
Soldato
for those of you with air purifiers when do you have it on?

Do you leave it on 24/7 or only turn it on/schedule it to be on when the room is in use?

Soldato
Had to go for a medication review yesterday. The Doc OK'd my continuing with my Fexofenadine 180mg regimen for my eczema, so there's no hayfever in my future. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone suffering already? Can't breathe through my bloody nose this morning
I've had bit of sinus pain the last week and runny or congested nose depending on time of day . not sure if a cold or hayfever news stated last week tree pollen is about due to mild weather

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom