Hazro HZ30W - Strengths and weaknesses

Associate
mini display port to dual link dvi

Has anyone used the Hazro 30" monitor with apples mini display port to dual link dvi adapter?

I've seen some blog posts about people having trouble connecting to any 30" screen other than an apple one!

Associate
Still undecided weather to get this 3007,After reading all of this thread i was hoping to find some info on the sort of Graphics i would need other than the latest 4870x2 and 295, Would my ATI 3870x2 Graphics card be powerfull enough to run my Games at high settings like on my 22" samsung or would it struggle? would it loose any performance? :):)

Soldato
OP
Still undecided weather to get this 3007,After reading all of this thread i was hoping to find some info on the sort of Graphics i would need other than the latest 4870x2 and 295, Would my ATI 3870x2 Graphics card be powerfull enough to run my Games at high settings like on my 22" samsung or would it struggle? would it loose any performance? :):)

Well, you have to remember that at 2560*1600 you're pushing 2.3 times as many pixels as at 1680*1050 resolution (which you will be running with your 22" screen). You will see a noticable dropoff in graphics performance.

Your best bet is to look at some benchmarks to find out for yourself if the performance loss is acceptable in the games you run.

edit: This review shows a few games running with the 3870x2 at various resolutions http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3334&p=12 (check the scaling charts at the bottom to see what performance you will lose). At the moment you will be running slightly faster than the 1600*1200 scores.

Last edited:
Associate
Duff-Man cheers for taking some time out to answer my questions apreciate it,So after looking at those Benchmarks Cod4
2560x1600 gets me 48 as opposed to 84plus fps
The other game on that benchmark was Bioshock
2560x1600 again gets me 39 out of 71 fps so I loose near half my performance in my 2 favourite games forgive my ignorance regards graphics cards this 3870x2 is the only card i have ever bought and fitted myself so have never had anything to compair with also not that clued up tbh
so is 48 and 39fps acceptable or will i notice big time:):)

Soldato
Duff-Man cheers for taking some time out to answer my questions apreciate it,So after looking at those Benchmarks Cod4
2560x1600 again gets me 39 out of 71 fps so I loose near half my performance in my 2 favourite games forgive my ignorance regards graphics cards this 3870x2 is the only card i have ever bought and fitted myself so have never had anything to compair with also not that clued up tbh

Worst case scenario you just run it at half res (1280x800) and each pixel in the game is double sized.

Soldato
OP

Well, it depends on the individual. For some people 39fps is okay, but for others it's too slow. Remember that these are average framerate benchmarks, so the minimum framerates are likely much lower.

To be honest, I would be surprised if the 3870x2 will run the games at full resolution so well as you hope. But, of course, you can still run at a lower resolution. The traditional drawback is a slight blurring of the scene, as the image is interpolated. But as pointed out above, if you run at 1280*800 resolution the image will still be sharp (though obviously not as detailed as the full resolution). It's a balancing act between performance and visual quality really. You can always add a more powerful graphics card later if you want faster framerates or higher resolutions.

These monitors are nice for games, with a good enough GPU, but for me the real benefit is having acres of desktop space :)

Back
Top Bottom