Hazro HZ30W - Strengths and weaknesses

Associate
Had the HZ30 for a couple of days - fantastic paired up with my old 2407WFP :D

original.jpg

Using the Dell .inf worked a treat for me to get 2560x1600 in games - cheers Duff-Man (although not that my 8800GTS can take it :p ).

i got mine yesterday and let me tell you that picture doesnt do it justice size wise as its huge!!!

and my god am i in love with it :D:D:D:D

this is offically my first ips screen and the colour/contrast difference between this and my old dual TN screens is so huge its like comparing colour vibrancy between standard printer paper and glossy photo grade paper as the colours just seem to pop out and look so much truer than my old Tn's which now looked very washed out and wrong.

i read the reviews on colours from ips and what Mrk said about gammuts in the hazro thread and i can honestly say this screen is a knockout and those people who sometimes say this and dells 3007 are average ..... well if this is average ill have another dozen ;):D:D:D:D

the picture quality is so much better than my last screens its simply out of this world...

So Very Very Happy...Thankyou Ocuk...:p:p God Bless You :D

Associate
oh just a side note i hadnt found any problems at all...

no banding
no snow

wouldNT get those anyway but just mentioning it...

no dodgy loose case fitting
no loose stand bolts or gaps in case
no bad pixels at all :D:D:D:D

only lows/fault i would mention was......
the wire cable ties were on the cheap side. Ha aHA AHa :D

Associate
i had to send mine back for repair, at anything above 1280 x 800 i get a screen full of vertical lines with a rolling horizontal band (print screen captures a perfect picture). tested it on 2 computers (1 xp with nvidia agp and the other vista 64 with a 4870) and it did the same on both.

Hazro collected it tested it and said NFF and we want £45 to return it, in the end it cost me £22 to get it back and low and behold it is still doing the same thing!!!

only it came back with one rear panel screw hanging out and the others loose!!!!

1280 x 800 seems te be the max resolution of the second DVI connector (none dual DVI i think), could there be a problem with the DVI board in the monitor?

anyone have any idea what the problem with this is as it is doing my bloody head in!!!!!!!!

NOT IMPRESSED with Hazro at the moment!!

Associate
sent the whole lot back, cable, power supply and monitor.

in the test report it said that it had been tested on various set ups but didn't say what resolutions were being tested.

it was working fine then it just went.

i now have 2 unclocked 4870's in crossfire and the monitor refuses to run any higher than 1280 x 800

Last edited:
Associate
here is a picture of what i get when i set the resolution to 2560 x 1600
From that picture I would say one of your 4870's has a defect. Try to test with only one gfx installed, then if nothing changes, try with the other one. To be 100% sure, if that doesn't help either, borrow a friend's gfx.

Associate
this may be a stab in the dark but i have just read in another forum that a 4870 x2 can handle the 2560x1600 but there are some tech issues floating around with the combination of the hazro 30" and this card concerning the cards hardware and the catalyst drivers up to 8.10 involving screen problems and some seem to report snow...

all leads to ati's problem in hazros's 24" and 26" issuses with ati using higher gain non standard frequenzies and very low shielding in their 2 dvi ports

maybe try a another or friends nvidia card with also a different/new dvi cable thats Dual-Link DVI [DVI-D] verified in you system to check out the screen again...remember dont use a single link [DVI-I] cable as that wont ever get through as 2560x only 1280x and 1920x....

info taken from manual..

"The HZ30W monitor requires a graphics card which features a Dual-Link DVI output [DVI-D].
This term is not to be confused with graphics cards that have two DVI connectors as it is
possible that neither outputs would be Dual Link compatible. It is usual for twin DVI output
graphics cards to have one connector which is Dual Link compatible [DVI-D] and the other to
be single link [DVI-I]."

Last edited:
Associate
finally got it working, after a call to OC tech help.

a dodgy cable plus the DVI port that i was told to use was not the right one.

just need to stop the system crashing with Red Alert 3 now, looks like it doesn't like crossfire cards, the game drops out and causes a total reboot of the system.

Associate
I received my Hazro HZ30W yesterday, supposedly the new version (with 3000:1 contrast) although there is no way of telling that I have the new model as the manual lists the old specification.

Unfortunately, when I switched the monitor on, I got a yellow tinged 'blob' in the middle of the screen on content that is supposed to be white. I calibrated the monitor but the strong yellow tinge remains in the middle of the screen.

I emailed Hazro support yesterday, but I've not yet heard anything. I'm very disappointed.

Last edited:
Associate
sorry to hear about the yellow blob:(

but just in case anyone new wasnt aware they should note the dell panels which the hazros are using have their panels set to non changeable temperatures.

so when looking at white background on the hazro 30" with 3007-HC panel the temp leans to the yellow colour of the spectrum and the 3008 leans temperature wise to the blue and the first dell 3007 non HC leaned to the red colour.

the hazros temp cannot be changed as far as i know as the options would all be contained in the menu on the osd which hazro doesnt supply but the dell 30" of the 3007 and 3008 all had software to change it but only if you had a dell computer as it was a bit strict on you having both monitor and computer to work.

could you take a photo of the screen blob and post it??

regards,

HRhino"

Associate
This is what it looks like. The Web page is supposed to have a blue background. I also have a Dell 3007 and this is rendered perfectly with a consistent blue background.

I was advised by Overclockers to contact Hazro support. However, so far they have not responded to any email. This is very frustrating.

3158685177_9c81ae821c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Weight and cable lenghts.

Hello !

I'm planning to buy this elder model and beacause planning monitorarm I'd need to know :

1. Hazro 30" has separate PSU. How long is the cord from PSU=>monitor and PSU=>220V ?
2. How much this 30" monitor weigh w/o tablestand/pedestal ?
3. Is the power adapter/monitor noisy? I'm running otherwise inaudible (<20dBAA) build.

I'd be very gratefull if someone who has bought this could give this info because sending back from Finland would seriously #&%&¤^#¤ me :p

Associate
1. Hazro 30" has separate PSU. How long is the cord from PSU=>monitor and PSU=>220V ?

PSU=>220V. You are going to replace the power cable those weird englishmen use anyway, so it depends on the cable you are going to use. (This doesn't involve buying converters etc., it's just a question of plugging another power cable into the PSU.) Measure the one that powers your current monitor, you should be able to use this or any other of your choice. Typically about 1 or 1,5m.

PSU=>monitor. Using my arms to measure, 1,5 - 2m.

2. How much this 30" monitor weigh w/o tablestand/pedestal ?

Absolutely no idea, a guess would be 1 kg less than with the tablestand attached.

3. Is the power adapter/monitor noisy? I'm running otherwise inaudible (<20dBAA) build.

Some buzzing + some whining. If I turn of my system I can hear it. If my system is on (it's semi-noisy) I can't hear it.

Last edited:
Associate
So we have quite a few HZ30W owners gathered here.

Have any of you noticed pixel faults, of any kinds, on your monitor? I have 1 stuck pixel, always green on a dark background.

Also, have any of you noticed darker vertical "waves" on a dark background? Try setting the desktop background a solid color, and use a dark gray like #333333.

20 cm from left I have one of those going from the top and, only, almost to the bottom. There a few more but they are almost not noticeable. Funny thing is that this is very hard to observe on black or white background. It's also non-existent on green, reed and blue backgrounds. Only the dark grey tones produce this error, as mentioned #333333 is the "worst" color. What do you call this phenomenon? I can't take any shots as my camera was stolen recently.

Given the pixel fault and the dark vertical "wave", I'm planning to send this back for a refund under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also, have any of you noticed darker vertical "waves" on a dark background? Try setting the desktop background a solid color, and use a dark gray like #333333.

This seems to be a common problem with the current crop of LG.Display 30" IPS panels - people who've paid double the price of the Hazro for an NEC 3090 are posting the same kinds of issues.

Soldato
OP
Have any of you noticed pixel faults, of any kinds, on your monitor? I have 1 stuck pixel, always green on a dark background.

20 cm from left I have one of those going from the top and, only, almost to the bottom. There a few more but they are almost not noticeable. Funny thing is that this is very hard to observe on black or white background. It's also non-existent on green, reed and blue backgrounds. Only the dark grey tones produce this error, as mentioned #333333 is the "worst" color. What do you call this phenomenon? I can't take any shots as my camera was stolen recently.

Given the pixel fault and the dark vertical "wave", I'm planning to send this back for a refund under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

I had a single 'pixel fault' - a dead pixel at about [0.2,0.5]. It's not in the central region of the screen, and I rarely ever notice it. It doesn't really bother me.

As for the second issue... yes - I get a darker "vertical wave". It's odd... it's invisible under almost all cercunstances, except for a dark (but non-black) uniform background. In fact, the colour that shows it up strongest is the OcUK forums background!

The 'vertical wave' is kind of annoying, but it's also fairly subtle. I assumed it was down to some non-uniformity in the flatness of the actual panel, but perhaps not. The thing is though, it's invisible virtually all the time except for when I'm browsing the OcUK forums, so it's not really a big issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom