US: HBO - Silicon Valley

Caporegime
first episode of new series is out already

ending of it did make me laugh:

after getting rid of all nucleus employees then realising he could sack 1/5 of them for cause(poor performance) meaning they don't get their severance package/stock options what does he decide to do with the money?* Gives Big Head a $20 million pay off...

*or at least some of the money/equity

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have seen all of this, and on the whole it's not bad, but I get the impression this would be better as a drama with a little comedy thrown in, rather than a comedy with a little drama thrown in.

if you want that then Betas on Amazon Prime is a bit more like that

personally I prefer Silicon Valley

amusingly, as a little meta joke, the www.hooli.xyz domain which appeared during the second season now redirects to www.hooli.com (now that nucleus has been scrapped) :D

Caporegime
more meta jokes...

search silicon valley on google - you get news stories from 4 days ago about the Stanford Robotics Bam-Bot being damaged and Hooli share prices rising... :D

Caporegime
anyone else currently watching this (am assuming as this is the US forum we're going on US airing dates?)

new CEO is obviously going to have to go - odds on Bighead becoming a new investor with his 20 million Hooli payoff or perhaps becoming the new CEO as a result of his status to Hooli outsiders as a one of their former rising stars... Richard could maybe play along with the idea that Bighead is some sort of ex-Hooli superstar/former head of the nucleus division etc... and propose Bighead as the CEO to Laurie. Then Richard basically still ends up running the company and Bighead gets another well paid job where he can chill and hang with his buddies all day.... the trajectory for Bighead's career in this series can surely only be upwards. He's destined to be one of those senior tech people where everyone is left scratching their heads wondering how the **** that person ever got promoted so high.

Last edited:
Caporegime
it think it will get going, now their skunkworks plan has been blown they're going to have to surely replace the CEO somehow...... step forth Bighead!

It has to be him, like his whole character is the nice but useless guy who seems to somehow end up in a senior position by pure chance.

Caporegime
actually...

preview spoiler
looks like Bighead has taken some of his 20 million and set up his own incubator!

Back
Top Bottom