US: HBO - Silicon Valley

Soldato
Just finished watching the first episode of season 1. I put this off for a long time maybe due to misconceptions about what it actually was. I really enjoyed it, feels a lot like Reaper which I absolutely adored (and was cancelled far too early). Downloaded the rest of season 1 to my phone and looking forward to tonight's commute so I can check out some more.

Soldato
new series is great - lots of good topical snippits -
still like Gavin Belson - meglomaniac modelled on Musk ?
torture sequence using a nailgun on laptop
controversy on gay gay-dating app, developer, outed for being christian.
saga of IOT fridge continues....

Soldato
There are some outright fruit cakes in Silicon Valley. Peter Thiel is one of them, he does inject himself with young peoples blood as it slows aging apparently.

Soldato
I think it worked well, a few of the middle episodes didn't click with me but episode 8 worked well, so many good lines especially 'gangster Jared'

Is this the first season were we finally didn't end with Pied Piper getting screwed over at the end of a season and getting a reset at the start of the next one?

Soldato
watching first episode of new series ... back on form
"Hiroshima was an elegant solution' , also up on latest social media ethics issues.

the resume of previous series seemed to have scenes I didn't recollect at all ... anyone else ?

Soldato
Thought the final episode was paced well and had a strong conclusion to the series.

You spend six seasons hoping/believing they're going to succeed, but the ultimate failure seemed to be quite satisfying. When they fast forward ten years and everyone has Pied Piper titles you think they've made it...

Soldato
Agreed, it was a good final episode. I'm not sure what they did the whole 'he can't find the code stick' bit for. I was waiting for it to cut to Jinyang with it... but no.

I thought the episode before was a little odd. 'We succeeded because the AI did it for us' seemed a bit of a cop out to me. A little lazy. The final ep tied things up well though. Great show.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Loved the final episode and it was strangely really emotional.

It was almost a little depressing to see that they had all kind of "failed" after being part of something so big and important when they were a bit younger. Loved the Eric Bachman reveal though.

Caporegime
Loved the final episode and it was strangely really emotional.

It was almost a little depressing to see that they had all kind of "failed" after being part of something so big and important when they were a bit younger. Loved the Eric Bachman reveal though.

Agreed, would've been nice to show something more with the tech. Maybe being used for good. But also on the flip, showed the reality to life.

Back
Top Bottom