Head Unit upgrade for an e46

Yup That is where teh Resler module settings come into play, I disabled it so it reverts to the stock settings which I coded myself via the Carly app, so instead of using IBUS to control that, it uses the codings in the module itself. I might play around with it in detail some day as the configurations are pretty vast as would be nice for the xenons and tail lights to turn on when unlocking the car only when it's dark.

I also need to tweak the units values so that the main OBC realtime info screen shows the correct figures as currently the MPG is a bit out as is the BHP figure - I need to accurately weigh the car to get that calculated properly lol.

If I recall there are two areas where you can set fuel capacity, I wonder if both yours are set differently? One is tedious to find and I only found it by accident, but have forgotten where that is now lol, I'll have another look next time but yes essentially I set both on mine to 62 litre which I thought was the correct capacity, or is it 62 litre?

Agreed, thankfully the developer is really responsive on email so some quirks I had I just emailed them and got a reply within hours lol.

Had a quick look on my lunch break (very quick as it's bloomin' hot out there!) and could only see the one entry for fuel tank size. Must've missed it somewhere.
Did manage to adjust the coolant operating temp value though so it should stop the overheating warnings when I'm stuck in traffic.

something definately up with mine or possibly the headunit but its not reading the OBD correctly aswell as switch the cars display range to km rather than miles. The OBD is showing range as 0 but the dash showing 560km (full tank) and Cons 1 and 2 are 122.7mpg haha

Yeah there's an area where you set your car's units and values like weight etc and it uses all that to calculate the OBC figures - I think there's a way to tell it to basically get all that from the car's build in modules anyway like the instrument cluster does but I haven't played too far into that as don't often use the BC main screen due to having nav always open or Spotify etc. My MPG for cons 1 and 2 shows like 66MPG, which is not correct :p The fuel range is incorrect too.

something definately up with mine or possibly the headunit but its not reading the OBD correctly aswell as switch the cars display range to km rather than miles. The OBD is showing range as 0 but the dash showing 560km (full tank) and Cons 1 and 2 are 122.7mpg haha
Oh, I had that too at first. Had to disable something......tries to remember....it was something to do with the IKE setting. It was messing with my consumption (I use KM anyways)

Under Resler module settings you can tell it to not use Resler (from memory) and it then just uses the car's own modules. I did this for the lights as didn't want to faff about since I already coded in my own preferences to the car's module using Carly previously.

Under Resler module settings you can tell it to not use Resler (from memory) and it then just uses the car's own modules. I did this for the lights as didn't want to faff about since I already coded in my own preferences to the car's module using Carly previously.
was going to ask you about carly, is it any good and did you get the official dongle?

I've been a Carly user since it first came out, back then a single cheap payment got you a lifetime license which is what I still have. I had a wired USB dongle up until recently when I bought the wireless universal Carly dongle. It doesn't do anything fundamentally different to the wired cheaper one I had but because it's smaller in size and wireless, I leave it plugged in all the time so I can quickly do diagnostics as and when or change something without faffing about with a cable to my phone etc.

If you can get one when they do their yearly special offers then it works out a nice bit of kit I'd say.

There is quite a lot of coding customisations you can toggle very easily to tailor stuff to your needs. I have the security side customised a bit so when the fob locks the car, no buttons inside the car will unlock anything, even the door handles won't open the doors - Great for security because anyone smashing a window will never be able to open the doors or boot. I also have audible tones for locking and unlocking as well as optical and various "comfort access" toggles.

Back
Top Bottom