Head Unit upgrade for an e46

Yeah you can change that in the app, set the units to miles and the dash display will change too. There's also an app called Car Settings if I remember right which controls what stuff shows on the dash, like a speed warning if you reach a defined speed and stuff like that.

Thanks just done that and it worked, although mine is showing range as 509miles rather than km like the dash is, id be happy if it would do 509miles on a tank :)
My car's averaged 12.9km/l over the last 3 and a bit years I've had it. So if I used every drop of fuel in the tank, I'd be able to do 505 miles.
Yay for 4 cylinders :D

Yeah you can change that in the app, set the units to miles and the dash display will change too. There's also an app called Car Settings if I remember right which controls what stuff shows on the dash, like a speed warning if you reach a defined speed and stuff like that
thats what ive been trying but its not changing it :(

avin-px6_IBUSAPP_20220827_222534.jpg

Disabling Low OBC mode sorted the bvalues now, all looking good. Having a quick trawl I found some new options I didn't notice before, loads still not yet ventured so will spend some time at another date I guess. This one looked interesting:

avin-px6_IBUSAPP_20220827_222008.jpg

I also want to see if I can add "Top speed" on there too as average speed is there.

I had to get an adapter to install the ibus dongle without cutting into wires, it was only £15 so definately worth it but now the unit boots up immediately whereas before it was doing a full shut down and restart on every use so thats a lot bette, just stuck a 1p a month 12gb sim card from hukd but its not seeing it so thats the next task

Just the SIM in the unit or via a USB 4G dongle? If the former then you will need to set up the APN as it's unlikely it will auto configure that for the network out the box. Andorid network settings I'd suspect it is in for these units similar to phones.

I hotspot from my phone which works automatically, as soon as bluetooth connects when I get in the car, Samsung Routines enables hotspot mode and the head unit connects to the hotspot. Turns off when I leave the car and bluetooth goes out of range.

Just the sim it’s has a built in 4g SIM card reader but it’s not picking it up I’ll have a look for the apn settings. I was hotspotting also but it’s not auto with iPhone unfortunately just thought I’d give this a go as it’s only 1p a month for 6 months

Oh that all worked when I flipped the setting from default left hand drive to right hand drive. Does only one of the on screen buttons work on yours or something?

Back
Top Bottom