Head Unit upgrade for an e46

neither work, yet when i select reverse the mirror drops but then again there is something up with mine as I have to select the drivers side on the switch on door for it to drop rather than the passenger side as its meant to be

Hmm it sounds like one of your modules thinks it's a LHD car whilst the rest is set to RHD so things are getting confused there maybe. I've forgotten which side the switch has to be on for mine to dip the pas mirror in reverse as I rarely (never) use that feature so the switch is always in the "do not dip" position. If I need to now I just use the IBUS app as per my above GIF which is more convenient having set that up.

I can live without that feature tbh, but I disconnected my battery today to try and clear the GM module to see if that helped made no difference, however as I powered it back up it recognised the Simcard straightaway and even setup the APN so thats now working, there was some interference through the speaker at first but I moved the 4g antenna and that sorted that, the xtrons seems to be behaving itself now and thanks to the new adapter for the ibus module it switches on instantly when the key is in the ignition, ive noticed they have released a new model of mine with android 12, the specs seem identical but they wouldnt share the firmware with me to try

Either there are some hardware changes or they want people to upgrade I bet :p

Yeah I guess the instant bootup is thanks to the IBUS interface as mine does that too but I thought it was because of the new stereo as I had the old one running an Android version that was several versions out of date and no longer supported by many apps before getting this AVIN unit running Andorid 11 out of the box.

I now just need to fix the dodgy PDC sensor and that will solve the PDC issue I have lol.

It's their own launcher, I don't use it and instead installed Nova Launcher as that is what I have on my phone and share a common homescreen gesture configuration so everything is launched via gestures as opposed to onscreen buttons. Keeps it all clean, old pic below but same on the new AVIN:

lr4oP4e.jpg

The AVIN USA website. Mine arrived within a couple weeks.
Hi, just been reading this thread, I have a e46 Dynavin N6 head unit that I have had repaired twice, they have a D8pro unit out now, but not all the functions I require so I was looking at the AVIN unit, but with the fully loaded price nearly a grand, and ordering from the states, I was worried about import duty etc, how much did yours cost shipped to the UK?

Hi, just been reading this thread, I have a e46 Dynavin N6 head unit that I have had repaired twice, they have a D8pro unit out now, but not all the functions I require so I was looking at the AVIN unit, but with the fully loaded price nearly a grand, and ordering from the states, I was worried about import duty etc, how much did yours cost shipped to the UK?
Mine came to $649 (£530~) and I paid no import duty if I remember right. It didn't ship from USA btw, they ship form China with your chosen spec options. Delivery was via FedEx.

whats the dynavin missing you want, i was looking at the d8pro and it looks pretty decent

Hope it's OK to jump on this thread rather than start a new one. I've been reading through, setups here look good and I'm looking to get the Avant 4 unit.

20230329-195854.jpg

I can't seem to find an Avant replacement done on this style unit. I'm assuming something like the below would be fine, possibly with a bit of adjusting?

Just wanting to make sure though before I go for it.

Yes similar conversion to double din as the E46, except with teh E46 the HVAC panel is relocated a slot down where the S9x has it already.

Here's what you'd do:

Probably the E46 fanbois have seen this, but this is the next level. Although I would argue the purists prefer an analogue cluster

@mrk sorry if already posted

Last edited:
I've been watching them every few months and people who have them have been split on either working fine or various bugs needing firmware updates.

The main issue wa sthat some of the skins caused lag, and other skins you had to pay for - Not sure if it wa sthat same brand but thsi was related to a USA version.

If the price is cheap then I may toy around with one one day and see what's what just for curiosity, as the potential to do other things like integrated navigation and potential to get Ibus integrated is quite appealing.

Edit*
Their youtube has some cool videos:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom