1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hearts of Iron 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by JimJoeRooney, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Bubo

Soldato

It is apparently a very very slight chance, the idea being that after multiple playthroughs you might eventually get one saying "In the 1936 Olympiad Jesse Owens won 4 gold medals, but was subsequently disqualified after testing positive for Meldonium and sent home in disgrace", and you go to yourself "Oh!", something like that.

2. djxput

Wise Guy

Game is quite cool - but Way too easy ... Ive never played a hoi before and have only 30ish hours into hoi4 and veteran diff isnt that challenging.

3. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

Who have you played as? It's really difficult playing as Poland, if you want a challenge.

4. Glaucus

Man of Honour

is it possible to go to war with usa really early on before they waken, when playing Canada.
    last night I instantly changed to communism, but still wouldn't let me justify a war goal until usa had risen world tension. by the time they did that they were a military might and I didn't have the man power.

can find it in the wiki about how and what you need to do to declare war.

5. sniffy

Sgarrista

I don't have much experience with the game yet so I could be wrong but it seems the only options are to justify a war goal or be granted a war goal through a national focus.

6. Glaucus

Man of Honour

I know that, but it wont let me justify a war goal, there must be someway of unlocking one way or another.

I thought going communist would break the democracy, which is what it is using me to block justifying a war goal. but that didn't work, still says democracy cant justify.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  7. sniffy

Sgarrista

Do you actually have a Communist government? It could be that.

8. Glaucus

Man of Honour

yep

9. sniffy

Sgarrista

Sounds like a bug :( I can find very little on google about it and rather amusingly your post already appears on the first page of search results.

10. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

World tension needs to be at 50% before you can justify war goals. At least it does as Fascist.

11. Glaucus

Man of Honour

it says cant justify on democracy unless state has caused 2% world tension.

but there must be ways around, otherwise if your a "peaceful" country there's nothing you can do early game.

12. HungryHippos

Soldato

Check out a Youtube series on Poland in HOI4 by Innocentius, I tried his strategy and you can pretty much steamroll Germany when they declare using it. Good times :D

13. Pudney

Soldato

I think it depends on the country, Germany can do it from the start of the game.

Are you talking about Canada or USA? USA take the far right tree and the bottom left decision gives you a free war goal.

14. Glaucus

Man of Honour

canada

15. Clav

Wise Guy

I started as Argentina and specifically switched to Fascist so I can justify and declare war willy-nilly. It's one of the advantages of Fascism in the game.

16. Davy_b

Gangster

Loving playing as russia. Was going great had all of asia and half of europe conquered . Then i came to sweden . Launched an attack with 107 divisions and got hammered hahaha still dont know what happened :D

17. Glaucus

Man of Honour

wish the wiki was better, now started as America and went fascist. conquered most of south America, but got terrible attrition and not sure how to get less attrition.

18. Diplexbullet19

Wise Guy

Played as the UK, managed to control and then conquer the Africa front, meanwhile I'm sending Poland a lot of planes, tanks and infantry equipment, USA joins in 43', I coup spain and they join who are oddly very powerful and take france back from Germany with just 10 infantry divisions of mine helping hold there lines. I invade Italy with the US and dump the rest of my troops into Yugoslavia helping to keep the frontline in check until the US comes along and steam rolls Romania and southern Germany. Unfortunately Warsaw collapsed 6 months before we could reach them but Denmark and Norway make headway in northern Germany and link with the Spanish. While this is all good fun watching I only have 40 divisions and find it really hard to keep track with the amount of friendly troops pushing the lines! kinda felt like half the time I'm just there providing air superiority which in this game isn't fun as there is nothing to it.

19. Pudney

Soldato

I'm not 100% on this but some attrition can't be avoided (e.g. mountains which are prevalent in S.America) and some can be avoided by improving lines of supply (e.g. ports and infrastructure).

20. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

Some attrition can't be avoided but supply brigades help. You can get logistical companies, maintenance companies and field hospitals. You can also 'improve' your generals with enough combat experience and they may become more efficient at dealing with attrition. Finally if you look at your national focus and political leaders you may find that one has specific traits dealing with attrition.