Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Associate
If the squad leaders, support and commanders are doing their jobs properly by placing plenty of outpost spawn points and garrison spawn points, in the right positions, then you should never need to run too far. Unfortunately that learning curve you mention means that most people run and gun like its Battlefield or CoD rather than adapt and play with proper teamwork and in the proper way. Hell, there are still a HUGE number of people who think that you have to get into the circle to cap a point (mostly due to other games having it so that you have to get into the "circle"), which results in people running into the circles and being all bunched up and easy to kill en masse, instead of capping the point while remaining outside of the circle.

There is a diffference between being in a sector and being in the circle on the map. The circle on the map is a strong point and will doubles a soldier’s capture value. So it is worth being inside the circle, obviously not if you are all just going to die though.

Man of Honour
There is a diffference between being in a sector and being in the circle on the map. The circle on the map is a strong point and will doubles a soldier’s capture value. So it is worth being inside the circle, obviously not if you are all just going to die though.

Yeah its worth double but not crucial to be in the circle. Certainly not with the way that everyone streams into the circle in a line and then 1 arty shot or tank shot wipes everyone out. I tell people ingame and they are constantly surprised that you are actually capping the point even from the edge of the 2x2 sector.

Associate
I hadn't played for a while so jumped back on over the weekend - aside from constantly being teamkilled, it was good fun.

The Omaha update is fantastic - great to see a decent looking roadmap for future updates too.

Feel free to add me for a few games, would be good to play with some regulars!

Soldato
If you enjoy this then give post scrictum a go too.

PS is a bit more hardcore but overall the better, more immersive WW2 game.

Soldato
Yeah I heard about Post Scriptum but a friend says it is indeed good, but needs more dedication. Stamina bar means resting during running, taking drinks out of he canteen, etc.

I think Hell Lets Loose has a good balance of realism and fun

Soldato
Yeah I heard about Post Scriptum but a friend says it is indeed good, but needs more dedication. Stamina bar means resting during running, taking drinks out of he canteen, etc.

I think Hell Lets Loose has a good balance of realism and fun

This. It really does strike a better balance than Post Scriptum. Some minor bugs like collision detection for vehicles but otherwise an absolute blast. The atmosphere is top notch. Gunplay also appears spot on.

Man of Honour
What are your thoughts on this? Kinda reminds me of Bothers in Arms meets Allied Assault :D

I've been playing it for a long time, from back when the map was a huge 5x5 grid and you had to capture every zone. I was an original kickstarter for the game, its come a long way. Its not much like Brothers in Arms or Allied Assault though, its far more hardcore than the bigname FPS games but not quite as hardcore as Squad/Post Scriptum. It actually sits in a nice position in between the two types of game. You WILL die a lot, to single hits and often from people you never see, you WILL run about a lot, action and combat forms a comparatively small portion of your gameplay compared to non-combat situations. But I really like it (I dont like Squad or Post Scriptum as they are both a little too far into the hardcore for my tastes)

Soldato
I backed it on kickstarter and played a few times. Wasn't massively impressed back then but gave it a go recently with their new update. It looks alright (tweaking the settings in the .ini makes it looks better) but the gunplay and suppression still doesn't feel right at all. Not to mention the lack of communication on a lot of servers.

It started off sounding good earlier on when they talked about having larger maps with Company of Heroes type strategic locations on the map to capture but that never really happened and they started to focus on smaller maps.

Soldato
What are your thoughts on this? Kinda reminds me of Bothers in Arms meets Allied Assault :D

When i got in to a good sqaud with a good squad leader was some of the best FPS/Squad play i've had for years! Honestly..... You really do feel as if you're in WW2!

Kind of feels like something in between BF2 PR and Squad.... With mind blowing Graphics.... Genuine when you throw a nade by a bush and see bodies exploding in the air and all your team laughing... Classic!

I've just bought it... Couldn't be bothered to wait!!

Soldato
I gave it a squirt.

Looks and sounds great, really nice atmosphere and immersion.

But a good squad makes or breaks it, many people don't communicate and go rambo - which fails miserably.

Like others have mentioned, need a more dedicated group to get the most out of this.

Associate
this is now my go to game for fps.if your expecting a bf or cod type game your gona be in for a big big shock lol.the game is brutal at times but in a good way.it does suck you right into the brutality of war,im a veteran and at times when playing the game im right in there ..if you get a good team with coms its awesome.getting shot from nowhere no hud,having to count your rounds ,hitting the dirt when rounds start thumping the ground,getting coordinates from team mates who have eyes on the enemy,the glourious sound of a sherman ,the pur of the panther or the growl of the tiger this game rocks.its far from finished and needs a lot of polishing but its gameplay suits me perfect.stick a st of 7.1 surround headphones on ,turn the sound up and your there

Associate
can't agree more its an epic representation, just remember to reset your graphics each game with the msaa to get crystal clear pc grade graphics and not the console looking smoothed out rubbish. makes for a lot easier spotting of enemies and bearing 183 behind that tree 200yards :)

only downside is the mega amount of running needed in-game, they just need the troop lorries and it will be sorted

Back
Top Bottom