Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Associate
So im really enjoying this but im finding it pointless when theres so many players on squads who dont even talk. You can have some really good games with a squad who communicate but im finding them few and far between.

Anybody on here playing? Wouldn't mind a few games if anyone is up for it?

Associate
So im really enjoying this but im finding it pointless when theres so many players on squads who dont even talk. You can have some really good games with a squad who communicate but im finding them few and far between.

Anybody on here playing? Wouldn't mind a few games if anyone is up for it?
I'm tempted to pick this up. I was watching some streams and the combat/tactics appealed to me a lot. The 100v100 player battles must be carnage

Associate

Its just the nature of realistic tactical shooters im afraid, Squad is the same... maybe 1 in 10 rounds you get a half decent squad who communicate, the rest of the time its silence.

I guess it's to be expected given how nerdy the super realism tactical community can be, they love the idea of communication but a siginificant portion of them seem to be too socially prang to use a microphone.

I imagine things will improve a little once the games been out for a while and people are more comfortable with it.

Soldato
I've not tried it since the last beta weekend yet but from what I've heard there's still a few issues with voip and teleporting players when viewed from afar etc which are pretty game breaking for myself.

The lack of people using voip was rampant through the test weekends which seems to have carried on to EA release. Doesn't help that the voip system is pretty prone to breaking also! I'm sure it's the same as Squad as in you have to join one of the better moderated servers which force at least the SLs to use a mic.

Gunplay doesn't seem to have changed much and still feels very basic. I'll probably hold off trying it again until it has progressed further. Certainly has potential, just slightly concerned about the community and their reluctance to use voip.

I'm tempted to pick this up. I was watching some streams and the combat/tactics appealed to me a lot. The 100v100 player battles must be carnage

If only. It's only 50v50. Servers and clients would melt with 200 players haha!

Associate
teleporting players when viewed from afar etc which are pretty game breaking for myself.

This is the major problem I am having. It seems everyone in the distance has a running animation of like 2fps, and are jolting all over the place. Really hard to shoot people at a distance sometimes.

Associate
Hmmm, starting to also have doubts about the community. Every server I've been on this evening has been full of teams with no officers, the most critical role in a squad... no outposts, no garrisons. It's not like its a high responsibility role like it is in Squad, you just have to whack down spawn points now and then and that's it and yet no one does it

Associate
I've started going mainly onto US Servers, seem to have more success there with regards to team play. The UK servers are next to useless. Never hear anybody talk on mics, yet alone properly squad play.

Soldato
been watching videos of this in preparation for reentering the pc gaming world after a 9 year absence. It looks right up my street...can't wait.

Would a 2060 be good to play it at 1440p 60hz?

Soldato
Grabbed this yesterday and after a few rounds of doing nothing but getting killed by enemies I never saw and not even seeing an enemy to shoot at I was about to pull the trigger on a refund. Glad I didn't now as I've just had one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had, and I've been gaming since the ZX81. I got into a proper game with a proper squad and with a SL who actually knew what he was doing. Was ******* awesome.

Associate
This game is still a mess.

Rarely you get people communicating, people just create squads and take the officer role when they know they won't bother doing any squad leading.

The game just seems to be a meat grinder at the moment, no real tactics, people just getting downed, giving up, then pushing the obj again and again. Whereas in Squad, people will wait until they are revived from a medic if possible so they don't waste a ticket.

I'll stick to Squad and Post Scriptum for the time being I think.

Back
Top Bottom