Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Soldato
Just played on that server with a good squad (none of your clan members) but all on decent comms and it was a blast!

Yeah that's exactly why I joined the clan in the first place, purely because the server was always well admin'd and the majority of players, clan or not, are decent. You see a lot of familiar names who aren't in the clan, a few play commander etc.

Soldato
Yeah that's exactly why I joined the clan in the first place, purely because the server was always well admin'd and the majority of players, clan or not, are decent. You see a lot of familiar names who aren't in the clan, a few play commander etc.

With respect to your discord, do you just join a HLL channel if people in? What's the etiquette?

Soldato
With respect to your discord, do you just join a HLL channel if people in? What's the etiquette?

Yeah absolutely, any voice channel you can see is free game (there's loads more that are locked to members only). To be honest they're not really used during game, more for gg's afterwards, but mostly just for general **** chat. Watch out for the Irish guys and don't be offended given the token welcome is a **** you.

What's your name in game and on Discord?

Associate
I play on the 2fjg server quite a lot, always find it great.
I havent played in a few weeks due to other commitments but ill be back very soon :)

Soldato
Played 3 games on 2fjg server tonight and ALL of them were absolute bangers. All the time I had really good comms with people and had a really good time. Super underrated game this.

I've found aswell that the playerbase is very friendly. You hardly ever come across idiots. Love it love it love it.

Soldato
Played 3 games on 2fjg server tonight and ALL of them were absolute bangers. All the time I had really good comms with people and had a really good time. Super underrated game this.

I've found aswell that the playerbase is very friendly. You hardly ever come across idiots. Love it love it love it.
It's a great game only gripe I have is the rounds can be a little long sub 60mins would be perfect. Will be on tonight so might give that server a go.

Associate
Just purchased this game after realising Battlefield V is just turning into run and gun - it’s fun sometimes but after some more immersive gameplay. Any tips? Also, anyone fancy taking me under their wing and showing me the ropes? Haha. It looks incredible, excited to get stuck in.

Soldato
Just purchased this game after realising Battlefield V is just turning into run and gun - it’s fun sometimes but after some more immersive gameplay. Any tips? Also, anyone fancy taking me under their wing and showing me the ropes? Haha. It looks incredible, excited to get stuck in.

It's actually not that complex once you get used to the basics. Some tips:
  • Get a mic if you haven't. It feels weird at first communicating so frequently with randoms but you soon get used to it.
  • Squad members can talk to their squad mates (green), officers can also talk to other officers and the commander (red), and commanders can only talk to officers. All roles also have local/proximity chat (blue).
  • Spawn points are HQ, garrisons and outposts (OPs). HQs are ever-present, officers and the commander can build garrisons using resources, and OPs can only be built by officers requiring no resources but they have a 3-minute cooldown to rebuild.
  • HQs cannot be destroyed, garrisons can be destroyed by dismantling them or shooting them with a rocket/shell, and OPs can be destroyed by grenades or just walking near them.
  • Said resources are dropped by the commander (100), or placed by the support class (50). Both have a cooldown.
  • Resources can also be used to build defences like barbed wire and AT guns but don't worry about that for now.
  • Stick to rifleman, medic and assault if you're new unless you're asked to switch to one of the other roles. They're not "more" difficult, but you will be asked to do things more frequently otherwise, particularly if you're support or engineer.
  • Do NOT play officer until you know the game well, and commander even later.
  • You'll need to change your play style (maybe); move slow and take your time and you'll die less! Particularly on any of the forest maps.
  • In warfare mode both teams start at opposite ends and you have to capture points in order, starting with what will be contesting the middle point. You need to attack and defend in this mode. In offensive, both teams start at the same end of the map, with the defending team already holding all points. You only need to either attack or defend in this mode, and once a point is won or lost you should move on to the next ASAP, especially if defending.
  • On that, respawning is often much faster than walking. One of the most annoying newbie thing is seeing loads of players walking from an old point rather than redeploying, but by the time they get there the point will be lost. It's not a game about kills and deaths so don't shy away from respawning or throwing yourself into the meat grinder when needed.
Hope that isn't too much :D. There's loads of good guides on YouTube to look up specific roles, maps or general gameplay.

Last edited:
Associate
It's actually not that complex once you get used to the basics. Some tips:
  • Get a mic if you haven't. It feels weird at first communicating so frequently with randoms but you soon get used to it.
  • Squad members can talk to their squad mates (green), officers can also talk to other officers and the commander (red), and commanders can only talk to officers. All roles also have local/proximity chat (blue).
  • Spawn points are HQ, garrisons and outposts (OPs). HQs are ever-present, officers and the commander can build HQ using resources, and OPs can only be built by officers requiring no resources but they have a 3-minute cooldown to rebuild.
  • HQs cannot be destroyed, garrisons can be destroyed by dismantling them or shooting them with a rocket/shell, and OPs can be destroyed by grenades or just walking near them.
  • Said resources are dropped by the commander (100), or placed by the support class (50). Both have a cooldown.
  • Resources can also be used to build defences like barbed wire and AT guns but don't worry about that for now.
  • Stick to rifleman, medic and assault if you're new unless you're asked to switch to one of the other roles. They're not "more" difficult, but you will be asked to do things more frequently otherwise, particularly if you're support or engineer.
  • Do NOT play officer until you know the game well, and commander even later.
  • You'll need to change your play style (maybe); move slow and take your time and you'll die less! Particularly on any of the forest maps.
  • In warfare mode both teams start at opposite ends and you have to capture points in order, starting with what will be contesting the middle point. You need to attack and defend in this mode. In offensive, both teams start at the same end of the map, with the defending team already holding all points. You only need to either attack or defend in this mode, and once a point is won or lost you should move on to the next ASAP, especially if defending.
  • On that, respawning is often much faster than walking. One of the most annoying newbie thing is seeing loads of players walking from an old point rather than redeploying, but by the time they get there the point will be lost. It's not a game about kills and deaths so don't shy away from respawning or throwing yourself into the meat grinder when needed.
Hope that isn't too much :D. There's loads of good guides on YouTube to look up specific roles, maps or general gameplay.

dude! Great info, much appreciated. Hoping to jump into a few games this evening so I’ll let you know how I get on.

Soldato
I quite enjoy playing on "Willy's W@@kers" server. Normally a good bunch playing on it.

Only problem is sometimes, because the owners a streamer, all the top dogs like to play on his side, so you can get steamrolled.

Soldato
Decided to have a crack at artillery last night since I was playing on my own.

Hot damn, I can see why people like to spam that stuff, I earned the 25 kills without dying achievement.
Had 2 problems though. The obvious enemy recon squads headhunting me and friendlies tk'ing me to get on my gun...

Associate
I quite enjoy playing on "Willy's W@@kers" server. Normally a good bunch playing on it.

Only problem is sometimes, because the owners a streamer, all the top dogs like to play on his side, so you can get steamrolled.

Yes, good server but can be one sided. Had games where they have lost heavily though.

Soldato
Just had my 1st game as playing as the commander.

Little bit stressful, but I think I had the perfect game to learn in, squad leaders were very supportive.

And when the air head you deployed helps capture the last point...

giphy.gif

Damn I'm buzzing!

Last edited:
Associate
Has been my go to PC shooter for awhile, it was Squad but I feel some of the additions to that game of late have hurt it somewhat.

Haven’t been in in a few weeks but look forward to getting back in and playing.

Back
Top Bottom