Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Soldato
looks like a field running simulator.run for ten minutes then get shot by guy in bush rinse repeat.maybe just too early but it looks too repetitive in current build.

That's hilarious, especially coming from someone who spends 24/7 playing that god awful PUBG. That game is the epitome of boring repetitiveness.

Caporegime
dont want to debate about it.currently this game you run for 10 minutes then get shot.pubg has a goal and reasons to play you may not like it.i gave honest opinion.please dont play tit tat tennis.i just said the game doesnt look great thats it.

Underboss
Until they add in the logistic trucks and jeeps then yup you got to run, shouldn't be running through fields though - stick to the hedgerows and stay in cover.

Caporegime
Personally i feel they should have at least got jeeps into the alpha at a minimum, it really is a total grind having to hoof it across the map, even using the squad spawn things which don't get deployed near enough it gets a bit tedious. It's pretty good when you get into a mid range firefight where enemies aren't just tiny blobs on the horizon, but so far from what I've seen a lot of deaths just seem to be random rifle shots out of nowhere when you're trying to make your way to an objective. Makes me worry that when snipers inevitably make their appearance it will be tough to move around at all without being in a vehicle of some description.

And honestly, even with 50-50 the map seems almost stupidly large, its entirely possible for teams just to bypass each other and not see an enemy for 15-20 minutes or so, it just currently takes far too long to get anywhere so by the time you get to a point being captured they're already half way to the next one. Obviously that'll change to an extent with the introduction of vehicles, but currently you would think the map would sort of scale to suit the player count.

Associate
There are various things they need to address, but they're stress testing the servers and looking for bugs rather than full out game play.

They're looking at medics currently, lots of calls for them to give that class a rifle, rather than just a pistol.
VOIP is a mess - the game is actually difficult to play without voice comms, you need a unit that works together - going lone wolf just don't work
My game crashes after about 20 minutes play, Unreal Engine crashes for some reason, every time.

That said - I think the game looks really good, gun sounds are placeholders; with the introduction of vehicles and fixed VOIP should be a fun game.

Caporegime
Its funny reading the official forums on this I've seen phrases referring to not wanting "gamey elements" thrown about, because obviously this is real life and all being controlled with a mouse and keyboard. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how "real" this is trying to be its still a game regardless, think some of the hardcore contingent over there need to let that fact sink in a bit.

Soldato
Regardless of how "real" this is trying to be its still a game regardless, think some of the hardcore contingent over there need to let that fact sink in a bit.

It's quite a difficult balance and with milsims you always going to get the hardcore guys who want no hud or player aids, have to run for 30 mins etc. But if you bow down to a select few you will put all the more moderate people who just want it to be more fun/approachable than 100% realistic.

Soldato
Not sure if it's just showing up the weaknesses of my rig, but I am finding that the mouse feels incredibly laggy in this game. Anyone else? I know weapons feel like they have "weight" but it feels very unwieldy at the moment. I tried turning down a lot of the details which improved FPS, but it still didn't feel right. Doesn't help that I can't seem to find an option to toggle ironisghts, rather than have to hold - never been able to get used to that.

Caporegime
Sooo anyone still playing this? I know they've rolled out a few updates, just haven't found myself wanting to load it up again to give it another go. Honestly think they should have got some more gameplay elements into the game before letting people in on the alpha, the most obvious thing being a few vehicles. Just gets tedious plodding everywhere.

Soldato
Sooo anyone still playing this? I know they've rolled out a few updates, just haven't found myself wanting to load it up again to give it another go. Honestly think they should have got some more gameplay elements into the game before letting people in on the alpha, the most obvious thing being a few vehicles. Just gets tedious plodding everywhere.

Got no idea on how to even sign up for anything other than game updates, so chance would be a fine thing.

Soldato
What options are there to get into the alpha at the moment? I can't see a way to back them. I watched an interview with one of the devs and wouldn't mind supporting them on this one.

I see it was supposed to release for early access on Steam early Q2 this year. That's passed so is it delayed?

Caporegime
I got bored of this shortly after it started to be fair. Alpha finished a little while ago. Latest update from July on the forum is as follows:

Hey guys, we are in heavy development mode right now, we will release more information at a later date on when the servers and beta testing go live. We will be following up shortly with the community on our progress

The main issue with the alpha was the huge maps and no transport, i played it for a few days before getting bored of it being a running simulator. Hopefully the beta is more interesting.

Associate
Ok when the **** are we going to get to play this. The alpha finished ages ago. As per the website FAQ the beta was supposed to come out Q3 this year and Steam early access Q4 this year...

Soldato
Ok when the **** are we going to get to play this. The alpha finished ages ago. As per the website FAQ the beta was supposed to come out Q3 this year and Steam early access Q4 this year...

I’ve been watching this thread for a year, I didn’t want to be a party pooper and I certainly don’t want to be Mr. Hindsight, but that’s the risk you run with projects like this.

I expected them to run out of money, fail to deliver on many of their promises, or release something half finished and let development slow to a crawl. In fairness they haven’t done this, but release in 2018 when pre-alpha wasn’t that long ago was always going to be unrealistic.

The game looks really good, and I’ll keep an eye out for a free weekend, but there’s absolutely no way I’ll ever again put money on something that doesn’t exist already. It’s a gamble, and as long as you’re comfortable with that then fine, I’m not. I pledged on Star Citizen, because I really want it to happen, I may even upgrade my ship at some point, but that’s it.

I backed Rust, because of s busy dev team and that the game was already good in beta. I still love it today, and it’s grown a lot. Only other thing I’ve ever ‘backed’ was a Cinch! Pop-up tent, and they’d been completing campaigns successfully for years.

I really hope it works out, but alpha is alpha, it’s a long, long way from a decent game, and I don’t expect this to be fully fledged for a year or more.

Associate
Yeh, I know what you are saying. I don't think this will fail but come on devs… keep peeps in the loop. I was one of the first SC backers and am still waiting for Sqdn 42 to release lol. You should (if not already), come and join PAGAN on Discord. ;)

Soldato
Yeh, I know what you are saying. I don't think this will fail but come on devs… keep peeps in the loop. I was one of the first SC backers and am still waiting for Sqdn 42 to release lol. You should (if not already), come and join PAGAN on Discord. ;)

Thanks for the heads up man, I’m not into it the minute, but I’ll look you up.

Back
Top Bottom