Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Associate
No NDA so yeah stream away, Devs want this streamed and recorded....obviously when the servers are up :D

A few guys streaming on Twitch showing off the menus. A few servers have popped up for 5 mins but got turned off.

Associate
I backed through PayPal not through Kickstarter - second wave is just being released now, I should get my key in this wave.........hopefully :D

EDIT: Key came through - downloaded and ready, huzzah!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looking forward to trying this but as the keys are going out in waves they want to wait until all the backers have one, so no real telling if we'll be playing for the weekend or not :( Surprised there was no option to fart about in a map yourself just to see how it runs.

Associate
Some disguised comments from the developers on the HLL Discord channel, servers will probably be up and running by tomorrow. Looking forward to trying this out, not used to this type of game (FPS I'm fine with as I play a lot of Battlefield) but not played any tactical sims, so I'm going to ratchet up noob level to 11 on this :D:cool:

Caporegime
Watched some parts of the streams looks very promising, the only thing that looks a bit odd is the sudden "you have died" text on a black screen, seems a bit jarring. Could just be a placeholder though.

Soldato
Watched some parts of the streams looks very promising, the only thing that looks a bit odd is the sudden "you have died" text on a black screen, seems a bit jarring. Could just be a placeholder though.

This is very, very alpha. Played some last night, spoke with guys on discord. Placeholders everywhere, these early test are for server stress testing.

Caporegime
Had a few games so far, 1 thing that a lot of people are mentioning is the map size, even with 50vs50 fully populated there's tons of slogging around the map to be done to actually run into enemies, and even then its generally at a pretty long range which makes me think that sniping will become very prevalent when the scoped rifles are in the game. Just wish they had incorporated some basic rudimentary vehicles like jeeps to ease the literal minutes of running some.

Caporegime
looks like a field running simulator.run for ten minutes then get shot by guy in bush rinse repeat.maybe just too early but it looks too repetitive in current build.

Permabanned
Have they downgraded the graphics at all since the original footage ? The grass draw distance etc looked mental on the early screens/gameplay which led people to wonder if the game would have a significant graphics downgrade based on the fact that games like Squad look bang average in relation to it and yet are aiming for similar player counts.

The fidelity in the environments looked streets ahead of similar shooters, is that still the case now people can actually play it ?

Caporegime
Have they downgraded the graphics at all since the original footage ? The grass draw distance etc looked mental on the early screens/gameplay which led people to wonder if the game would have a significant graphics downgrade based on the fact that games like Squad look bang average in relation to it and yet are aiming for similar player counts.

The fidelity in the environments looked streets ahead of similar shooters, is that still the case now people can actually play it ?

Considering the download was fairly small (around 4 gigs i think) i doubt most of the hi res assets are included.

Soldato

I haven't seen any previous material but from a stream I watched today the grass draw distance was just as bad as any other game.

Back
Top Bottom