Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Soldato
Sounded good until someone compared it to Squad.

If someone just did Planetside 2 on a WW2 theme the game would be amazing. Massive ongoing map, players, vehicles, bit of customisation etc. Planetside 2 isnt perfect but the concept could be amazing and translate that into the WW2 theater and all the options you have in the air and on the ground, it would sell 6.9 billion copies in super early access ;)

That would be amazing! Never thought of that before, Planetside 2 while it has it's problems there is no other experience like it, can only imagine a persistent WW2 game with territory changing all the time, would be crazy.

Associate
That would be amazing! Never thought of that before, Planetside 2 while it has it's problems there is no other experience like it, can only imagine a persistent WW2 game with territory changing all the time, would be crazy.

Could easily have the 3 factions in Axis, Allies and Russians... theres plenty of variants in there for uniforms, guns etc. The re-sale of skins in terms of different unis / gun types ala PS2.

The 3 map types could be France/Lowlands ... Germany/Eastern Europe ... Russia. Or even in North Africa or something tbh, plenty again of scope there.

Someone pitch this to Daybreak, basically a re-skin of PS2 would be a start :D

Associate
I wonder when they are going to get the forum up and running and how they are doing on the stretched goals now people are paying with PayPal.

Associate
Just a heads up. Last time I checked another two stretched goals had been reached... next one deployable flack cannons. Still accepting PayPal backers until the 15th Nov!

Associate
Looks good

However:

1 - Is there a competitive mode slated for release, mainly as the old COD2 pros wont be happy if not?
2 - Are they offering HUGE 5 FIGURE tournament prize pots to all the old COD2 pros?
3 - Will the developers compare themselves to CSGO and **** off PUBG, demanding that the public support Batta... I mean their game as it deserves it?
4 - COD2 Pros

Permabanned
Been watching some more footage and the environments really are amazingly detailed compared to their competition... visually it looks to be on a completely different level to post scriptum/squad etc, loads more vegetation, way better textures etc... it actually looks visually polished.

Hopefully it doesn't get downgraded too badly...

Soldato
If someone just did Planetside 2 on a WW2 theme the game would be amazing. Massive ongoing map, players, vehicles, bit of customisation etc. Planetside 2 isnt perfect but the concept could be amazing and translate that into the WW2 theater and all the options you have in the air and on the ground, it would sell 6.9 billion copies in super early access ;)

It already existed 2 years before Planetside (since 2001) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_Online

Heavily dated now due to them using the same engine for the last 16 years but it's probably the oldest surviving MMO, great to play 10 years ago, even 5 at a push but now... not so much, as it hasn't aged well at all

Soldato
Looks good

However:

1 - Is there a competitive mode slated for release, mainly as the old COD2 pros wont be happy if not?
2 - Are they offering HUGE 5 FIGURE tournament prize pots to all the old COD2 pros?
3 - Will the developers compare themselves to CSGO and **** off PUBG, demanding that the public support Batta... I mean their game as it deserves it?
4 - COD2 Pros

Only if you're interested in spending money so the developer can develop the game, instead of having what you perceive as 'fun'.

Because unless youre a pro, you cant have fun.

Underboss
Alpha keys are being sent out for those that backed from Veteran upwards. Got my key, install size was about 4GB.

"This key will serve you until Early Access and will become the full product of the game on release"

Servers not live yet as the keys are going out in waves and until all the waves have gone out they haven't published them.

Forgot that I backed it in October, nice little surprise - hopefully the server will be up for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom