Helldivers 2

New patch and warbond combo seem to have confirmed Arrowhead are indeed a complete bunch of clueless idiots.
Beggars belief their approach to not only nerf all the fun out their PVE game but also nerf fire damage right before they release their fire themed set of DLC.... Just wtf!

New patch and warbond combo seem to have confirmed Arrowhead are indeed a complete bunch of clueless idiots.
Beggars belief their approach to not only nerf all the fun out their PVE game but also nerf fire damage right before they release their fire themed set of DLC.... Just wtf!

Which patch reduced fire damage? I noticed the incendiary breaker got a mag nerf recently but not aware of fire damage nerf.

The same one that reduced your magazines. They changed how fire interacts with your targets armour - supposedly it was bugged before and now fixed but it's truly dumb timing in light of the freedoms flame thing

They have already said they're aware of the community feedback and are looking at it again.

I honestly like the warbond, and I got the idea of the tweaks, but think it went a bit too far. Should be something they could fix, and brings more options into the game. PLUS unlike some of the older more rushed warbonds, this one actually has a cohesive theme, and appropriate tweaks (flame weapons, combined with flame damage reduction armour, flame bomb on the drop pods, colour scheme etc), they just need to get the damage right on the flame weapons, between the armour change and maybe other variables, the main primary flamer doesn't feel strong enough atm, doesn't kill things fast enough for the risk of getting close, especially as bots don't take huge flame damage, and terminids rush you.

I think part of the problem is behind the scenes, it sounds like the weapons and damage types have a huge number of variables, and if you tweak even the way things work slightly, it can go further and have higher repurcussions than imagined.

They could get around this by having a 'test realm' as MMOs put it, or a beta server, because sometimes I dont think stuff is bad intent, just they don't have the data to really see how it'll impact in the field (remember, compared to most live service games, Arrowhead are still a rather small developer), and what say 10 QA testers tell you inhouse (who might be REALLY GOOD at the game, or just have different perspective on things, or not a huge amount of time to test a specific change), doesn't give you anywhere near the same amount of data and feedback as 5000+ live testers, testing for hours.

Last edited:
That's kind of my point though - why make big changes to things that aren't really causing a problem (aside from people having too much fun using them) instead of actually fixing that glaring issues which have which have been around for ages? It's a PVE game where you kill witless insects and robots at the end of the day and the Devs should treat it as such .. not be riding some power trip as if it's a ultra competitive esport.

it seems this isn't the first time they have done this... where they ask for community feedback, then all of a sudden make changes before a patch is released.

Have they fixed the blitz mission crashes yet? I heard that the game constantly crashes on Super Helldive mode when doing Blitzes

Incendiary Breaker is still my go to even with 2 less mags. Fire doesn't go through charger armour any more but then arguably, it shouldn't do.

I hadn't realised you could only collect the pink sample things on 6 upwards. Been chill running on 4/5. 6 isn't too bad. Pretty much choose incendiary breaker, amr, guard dog, 500kg and laser. Does the trick with most things.

Incendiary Breaker is still my go to even with 2 less mags. Fire doesn't go through charger armour any more but then arguably, it shouldn't do.

I hadn't realised you could only collect the pink sample things on 6 upwards. Been chill running on 4/5. 6 isn't too bad. Pretty much choose incendiary breaker, amr, guard dog, 500kg and laser. Does the trick with most things.
same.

My normal load out is Incendiary Breaker, AutoCannon, Eagle 500, Orbital RC and Orbital Laser.

However am starting to like the optehr shotgun more.. but i dont know which one it is.. it's a pump action shottie which 15 rounds in a 60 mag..

My only gripe with the game at the moment.. far too many times i have been thrown ouside the map by an impaler, which results me going rogue.. pretty annoying

They will have no players left once space marine 2 drops and they have done nothing that would make people really want to go back. It's a fun game but they seem intent on ruining it with every patch.

Players screaming they want to have fun while the devs scream back that fun isn't allowed balance and "realism" are more Important. All the while they ignore technical issues and continuously release new content seemingly untested with game breaking bugs.

Last edited:
same.

My normal load out is Incendiary Breaker, AutoCannon, Eagle 500, Orbital RC and Orbital Laser.

However am starting to like the optehr shotgun more.. but i dont know which one it is.. it's a pump action shottie which 15 rounds in a 60 mag..

My only gripe with the game at the moment.. far too many times i have been thrown ouside the map by an impaler, which results me going rogue.. pretty annoying
the impaler is getting a lot of heat atm. for the defend missions it's a nightmare. you can't get out to even see the impaler, let alone kill it, so you're just attacked by tentacles over and over

the amount of nerfs they have been doing especially to the Incendiary Breaker, it they end up nerfing the AutoCannon, i'm out.

Spacemarines looks promising

I had been enjoying playing this until the latest release. Not sure if something has changed, but it feels like the difficulty levels we were able to play before as 2-3 people are now impossible as we are just getting swarmed all the time. That and having 2 impalers spawn near each other means it's just not the enjoyable anymore.

I had been enjoying playing this until the latest release. Not sure if something has changed, but it feels like the difficulty levels we were able to play before as 2-3 people are now impossible as we are just getting swarmed all the time. That and having 2 impalers spawn near each other means it's just not the enjoyable anymore.
the impalers need a nerf

Yeah difficulty definitely seems to have been increased imo - I used to be able to solo lvl 4 bots without breaking a sweat but now just end up getting swamped at extraction and it's no longer the chill sample collection faceroll it was!

It definately needed a difficulty increase IMO - Level9 wasn't too difficult to complete even with randoms, so I should imagine with an organised group it was even easier. The problem is that because they don't buff HP/Damage of the enemy, just adjust the numbers, the only solution they really have to make it more difficult....is to ramp up the numbers even more and/or throw in even heavier units. Which is why some maps if you don't take down chargers or Titans quickly, you can easily end up with 6+ units in no time at all, especially if groups break up and trigger spawns over the map.

I will agree that the Impalers need fixing. I like the premise, but their range is insane and they'll follow you for miles. They also need to tweak the ragdolling.

It definately needed a difficulty increase IMO - Level9 wasn't too difficult to complete even with randoms, so I should imagine with an organised group it was even easier. The problem is that because they don't buff HP/Damage of the enemy, just adjust the numbers, the only solution they really have to make it more difficult....is to ramp up the numbers even more and/or throw in even heavier units. Which is why some maps if you don't take down chargers or Titans quickly, you can easily end up with 6+ units in no time at all, especially if groups break up and trigger spawns over the map.

I will agree that the Impalers need fixing. I like the premise, but their range is insane and they'll follow you for miles. They also need to tweak the ragdolling.

The ragdolling is insane.. one too many times i fight an impaler in the middle of the map, then get thrown outside the map.. i mean wtf!

Back
Top Bottom