Helldivers 2

Soldato
loving this so far... when i can get on. have managed a full 6 hour session at one stage, started on my own and then played with friends and playing in a squad is a must really.

Soldato
Anyone considering - I'd suggest holding off until the server queues etc are sorted, you'll just get annoyed.
Thats what I was thinking.

I have friends that have the game but the queues can be long.

1 friend had 30 min play time and was unable to get to any of the menus

Soldato
Evenings and weekend are a bit of a joke, you can login pretty rapidly at other times without issue but it's throttling the number of logins attemped so in busy periods you can wait an hour and not get anywhere.

My issue is also crashing, so could do that then crash after a few minutes on a mission.

Soldato
Evenings and weekend are a bit of a joke, you can login pretty rapidly at other times without issue but it's throttling the number of logins attemped so in busy periods you can wait an hour and not get anywhere.

My issue is also crashing, so could do that then crash after a few minutes on a mission.
This would be when I would normally play so ill hold off getting the game until the server issues are sorted.

As posted earlier they have limited the max players to 450K which was done Monday

Last edited:
Associate
No one knows, they said today and i suppose they may have found something that breaks and held off but are still hopeful to deploy this evening. Better to wait till they are sure they are putting it live I suppose.

I mean its kind of cool they increased the cap to 450K players from the lower limit it was at. The one thing i haven't seen confirmed is if that limit is for steam + PS5 combined, which I expect it is. Keep seeing people say, oh only X amount of players on steam so you can play if you log in now. Yeah, nope, full.

I mean it is crossplay and so I would expect everyone on the same servers. In some ways im a bit sorry for them. In a month or two the numbers of people who move onto another game will cause the players to drop below the current highs its experiencing. However any new content in the future will have the same issue so I suppose better to sort it out now.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Man of Honour

If it wasn’t for this I’d be buying it right now, it looks fun.

Associate
Patch is out now! Didn't queue at all and right into the game. Could be placebo, could be because the patch forced everyone offline to do the update...!

Soldato
Does this game have matchmaking and if not, is it ok to play solo?

You have to log in first and once logged in you can start you own, invite only, instance of the game in which you are the only player and play the game 'solo'.

It's not really meant to be played this way and doing so means most have to stick to the easier difficulty levels as the difficulty doesn't scale much or at all with player count.

The other big issue at the moment is even if you are content playing this way only you still have to get logged into the servers in the first place and this is a major issue at the moment as they're limiting how many people can be logged into the game at one time.

Personally I might refund my online purchase (tried for about an hour to log in on one evening with no joy) and revist when it goes on sale and the servers issues are nore resolved.

Back
Top Bottom