Helldivers 2

Soldato
The meteor showers are a bit stupid, they occur about every 4 minutes and whilst you can see them, if you're mid horde, one or more of you are dying. Feels like an RNG addition that's not bringing anything to the table to be honest.

Last edited:
Associate
i'm very happy with my 11900kf and 4060ti on 2k full but texture(due 8gb). guess i wouldn't happy my 5800x3d and 7900xtx system on 4k cos dx11 issue. didn't bought to amd because of that. asked to guru but you fellas looks like more active about this game. any ati 7000 users? thoughts? would be appricated esp. latest gb sized patch? 39.99 us dollar on steam but i hate the made mistakes 2nd time. happy hunt.

Soldato
Is anyone else struggling with the higher difficulties since the update last night?

Seems like there are many more mobs about and the teams ability to deal with them is not possible.

Had 1 objective that was bombarded with so many mobs and was impossible to clear to do what was needed. Was not in the area for very long either.

Man of Honour
I'm getting a bit bored of the key presses for calling in stratagems - horrible console holdover and kind of annoying when playing tired.

Is anyone else struggling with the higher difficulties since the update last night?

Main difference I notice is if you are on the backfoot and/or jumping into a game in progress it is harder to get the support weapons, etc. and stabilise. They've generally made tweaks to reduce effectiveness of primary and secondary weapons a bit as well, not fully covered in the patch notes.

Caporegime
I'm getting a bit bored of the key presses for calling in stratagems - horrible console holdover and kind of annoying when playing tired.

Main difference I notice is if you are on the backfoot and/or jumping into a game in progress it is harder to get the support weapons, etc. and stabilise. They've generally made tweaks to reduce effectiveness of primary and secondary weapons a bit as well, not fully covered in the patch notes.

Set up a Macro for them....

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s nothing to do with being a console-oriented mechanic lol. Its the same system used in the Magicka series and Helldivers 1 - which afaik weren’t developed as console games. It is literally the idea that the Helldivers themselves input a code in to the device they throw, and that’s how the ship knows how to respond.

As for macros, eww. Being able to pull in those stratagems naturally is part of the game. Feeling like a bad ass as I enter the 10 digit code for my 380mm barrage before I kill my teammates :cool:

Caporegime
It’s nothing to do with being a console-oriented mechanic lol. Its the same system used in the Magicka series and Helldivers 1 - which afaik weren’t developed as console games. It is literally the idea that the Helldivers themselves input a code in to the device they throw, and that’s how the ship knows how to respond.

As for macros, eww. Being able to pull in those stratagems naturally is part of the game. Feeling like a bad ass as I enter the 10 digit code for my 380mm barrage before I kill my teammates :cool:

I'm with you and i'm not good with pressing key combinations, especially under pressure :D It is part of the fun.

I could easily do it in my Keyboard software but, nah......

Soldato
I changed the keybinds to the cursor keys so I can still tap them in on the move. It adds a great dynamic to the game though, wouldn't want to macro them.

Associate
I changed the keybinds to the cursor keys so I can still tap them in on the move. It adds a great dynamic to the game though, wouldn't want to macro them.
This is a good idea, didn't realise you could do that. Though whether my brain can computer moving and doing arrow keys will remain to be seen.

Wasn't a fan of the constant meteor showers last night, killed me multiple times. Was only on the 4th death or so I saw the white glow on the ground as the hint i was about to die but still too late. Hard to pay attention for that when I'm already being charged up the ass etc

Associate
Up into the 20s now and have most of the stratagems and ship upgrades unlocked, I think the only thing that's starting to get tiresome is having the same few weapons. It would be nice to see some additional Warbonds added soon or even a vendor to spend your excess currency/materials on as they are nearly redundant at this point and the medal grind is really starting to slow down.

I've yet to complete a full Helldive operation, but have done a few missions successfully. I think my favourite balance is between difficulty 5-7, enough that you can have a hard time, but not too much that it becomes an impossible slog in when things go wrong.

Soldato
This is a good idea, didn't realise you could do that. Though whether my brain can computer moving and doing arrow keys will remain to be seen.

Wasn't a fan of the constant meteor showers last night, killed me multiple times. Was only on the 4th death or so I saw the white glow on the ground as the hint i was about to die but still too late. Hard to pay attention for that when I'm already being charged up the ass etc

even just being able to move at all while doing it means most automaton long range shots miss, it can be an absolute life saver on higher difficulties.

Back
Top Bottom