Helldivers 2

Man of Honour
i know that, hence the word 'tops' at the end ;) :p

I was pointing it out because the person you were replying to was saying they don't have much time and up to 30-40 minutes gives a very loose time range.

Though it depends a lot on the group you are with - I've had missions which have dragged out because people don't know the game yet or are disorganised (EDIT: And sometimes it is nice just to take your time on them).

Was playing a termicide tower mission last night with 2 randoms. They had both equipped turrets and heavy anti tanks so i brought grenade launcher/rover for smaller crowd control. They were a good bit lower level than me (I'm only 12 tbf) but i think it overwhelmed them at the start and they all quit leaving me with nothing required for the mission solo. Lasted about 15 mins before giving up.

Don't understand how you can do those missions by yourself and guard both sides unless you have turrets everywhere. Was only playing on challenger difficulty too
:(

Game opens up a lot once you hit about level 18-20 or so, some of the weapons are far more effective at dealing with light and medium armoured enemy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was playing a termicide tower mission last night with 2 randoms. They had both equipped turrets and heavy anti tanks so i brought grenade launcher/rover for smaller crowd control. They were a good bit lower level than me (I'm only 12 tbf) but i think it overwhelmed them at the start and they all quit leaving me with nothing required for the mission solo. Lasted about 15 mins before giving up.

Don't understand how you can do those missions by yourself and guard both sides unless you have turrets everywhere. Was only playing on challenger difficulty too :(
Solo on Helldiver difficulty

Man of Honour
Solo on Helldiver difficulty

Missed a chance to take out an enemy with the hellpod landing heh. Chargers are the only thing I have trouble with now in that context - Bile Titans you can just keep kiting, Bile Spewers go down easy to head shots now.

As mentioned in the video though if you activate one silo and get the team to bait the initial response off to another one, and one person remains it often is easier.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Weird I’ve got a 3080Ti and an i7 10700 and deffo not pulling north of 100fps on 1440p!?

Is that in reply to me? I was getting 60-100FPS with my 3070 at 1440p and most settings maxed, with the 4080 Super easily holding 144FPS V-Sync on - without it is often above 150. (It does drop to about 120 sometimes but more the exception).

EDIT: Depends a bit on the planet, some with lots of fog/smoke effects it'll average like 132, etc. others around 160.

That is without dropping settings for more performance.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Holy **** super res makes this game look fine!

I do wish we could disable cloaks though that fabric physx computation has to be a waste of power. But I get why they're there.

Caporegime
Imaging playing a game designed to be fun, then actively trying to cheese it. Like, what’s the point?!
Wait there's cheese?

I thought the main point was being able to hold the trigger download enough on an mg your character has vietnam flash backs and somone screaming "runnn" into a mic after they died holding the orbital strike beacon?

Man of Honour
Looking to buy this on payday, is there in-game currency I need to collect to buy guns and upgrades?

The game has several different types of credits for unlocking content, including super credits you can buy with actual money, and "medals" which are used for a bunch of stuff and also a few different types of "samples" - common, rare, etc. it makes more sense to play it and see though than for someone to try and explain it.

Man of Honour
Is that Radeon Super Resolution? Does it affect FPS much?

Not sure if they mean the in game setting or not but in game has super sampling and ultra super sampling - my FPS standing on the deck of the super destroyer is 210 with ultra quality (what I normally use), 170 with native, 100 with super sampling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom