Helldivers 2

Soldato
Only thing I have had recently was when closing the game down.

It refuses to close and you cannot get to task manager as the game is always on top and need to restart as there is no way to force close the game.

Played for 3 hours this morning without any issues and this was all in random groups.

I do use this command as well in the launch options

-use-d3d11

which could explain why others crash as this forces DX11 instead of DX12

Last edited:
Soldato
Any difference in using DX11 instead of 12? Performance a bit lower?
DX11 is meant to improve performance\stability.

Unsure if it makes any difference to be honest but I tried this to stop the crashing when I first started playing and forgot about it

Soldato
Do you have async compute enabled in the game? think it is off by default but the only setting I can think of which could potentially cause a BSOD.
Was originally off, I turned it on to push more load to the GPU to see if it worked better, but still get the Bluescreens. So don't think it's that. For all the ingame settings I've tweaked, plus bios changes, not managed to find any consistent behaviour :(

Soldato
They sure do!

A lot of hidden niknaks in this game.

Another we've not heard ingame yet is there is actually a full Super Earth Anthem. At the moment you hear the instrumental version during the raising of the flag, but it's real:

Last edited:
Associate
I've come out to check.... i had AMD Fluid Motion Frames enabled in the profile for this game and didn't even realise... lol MSI OSD doesn't count the AFMF frames, why would it?

So yeah... half that, or there abouts = 115 FPS :D

That's impressive that it wasn't noticeable, gives me high hopes for the future of FMF.

Associate
Just started this and enjoying so far. Controls are a bit awkward on m/k though, especially the strategems. Anyone using a pad for this?

Turn ... I think its called "dynamic mode aiming" on in the settings so you can over shoulder and ADS aim. Rebind the strategem keys to Arrow Keys and turn the radar button to Hold-TAB

Man of Honour
Just picked this up.. played a handful of games and seems a little repetitive, does this change in later levels?

The core gameplay is pretty much the same with a handful of different mission types - some mission types are only accessible at certain stages of the overall war progressions. The only real variation are the planet environments, the 2 different enemy types and mixture of enemy at different difficulty levels - they'll likely be adding a 3rd, possibly 4th different type of enemy as time goes on as well as some new ones within the existing types.

Man of Honour
Right at the start of the mission had 3 bile titans just spawn on me within 20 seconds... and bugs just appearing in places right beside me the moment I changed my view angle, so quit out of that, next team I joined could only select 1 stratagem so had to exit the whole client... player numbers are plummeting as well. If they don't fix this **** fast the game is going to be dead.

EDIT: LOL someone totally screwed up trying to team kill us all at extraction and accidentally killed himself as well as me and one other, then the reinforcement budget ran out after spawning me back in so he failed to extract...

EDIT2: Then a whole bunch of BS deaths and cheap AI spawn BS... I really don't want to quit playing this game but this is just a joke and I'm getting very close.

Only way I'm getting through a mission now without crashing is to restart the game after every single one :( for some reason the first game rarely crashes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked this up.. played a handful of games and seems a little repetitive, does this change in later levels?

Yea basically it's the same.

As you go higher up the difficulty levels that gives your variation because not only are there more objectives and stuff to find, but the gameplay changes because you can't really just run around shooting everything like you can on the earlier difficulty, and the use of the right strategems for the right scenario comes into play etc

But yes, you basically have to appreciate it for what it is, which is why I think it doesn't deserve some of the hype it's getting, it's certainly not game of the year, but...... If you appreciate it for what it is, it quite a fun a chill game to pick up and play for an hour or so, every now and then, I enjoy it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom