Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Associate
Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm from Gigabyte and will be officially supporting users on OcUK forums.

If you have any questions then please feel free to post them and I will try my best to answer them within a reasonable time frame.

GIGA-Man

Associate
OP
Gigabytes Warranty service is much better than Asus. Gigabyte turnaround is 2-3 days from Milton Keynes - UK.

Asus were supposed to have improved their RMA turnaround with a 3rd party repair service via Creative Computing, but still hear of people waiting over 28 days.

Even Asrock, MSI are based in the Netherlands, not good if you plan on owning a motherboard for more than a year when retailers will push you over to the manufacturer to organise RMA.

Biostar main base is in the Netherlands but the distributor Target Computing handle RMA for them in the UK.

Gigabyte Warranty is superior to all other motherboard manufacturers for people in the UK.

Associate
OP
Why didnt gigabyte put vga sockets on some of there z68 boards like the ud4 ud5 and so on ?

On our high end Z68 what is the point of adding the extra cost for on board VGA ports when people are only ever going to use an extra VGA card to improve performance. On our low end version of Z68 where cost is more of an issue VGA support is available.

Associate
OP
Just something I noticed recently from making two builds with Gigabyte motherboards that Ive never seen before in other boards, eg, Asus etc.

On a cold start up, the motherboard shows the CPU and Ram at POST. If I do a normal restart from within Windows XP when it POST's again the CPU and Ram is not shown in the first screen at restart, only the usual Bios version, HDD's etc and then continues to load XP.

Is this normal? I always assusmed EVERY POST was the same no matter what kind of startup/restart so the CPU and Ram would be shown every time.

This is normal for our product as it will only do full test after cold boot to reduce reset times from Windows. This is not a feature on all our boards though

Associate
OP
Hi there, nice to see someone about to help.

Is there any reason why Gigabyte don't seem to have adopted the flashy GUI UEFI BIOS but still have the 2.2+ GB support but with an Award BIOS on top? Are you working on something awesome?! I've seen TouchBIOS, but that seems to be solely OS based.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the old fashioned BIOS, it's efficient, but it seems you might be missing a trick and selling point to average users. Or maybe I'm wrong and your boards already have a nice GUI BIOS? I was looking at the 990FX-UD7.

Maybe your LGA2011 boards will have it? Maybe there'll be a BIOS update for Bulldozer boards?

Sorry for all the questions, genuinely interested in the answer, I'm a fan of GB mobos. The new 990FX and Z68 boards look awesome.

Currently we are working on a possible GUI UEFI BIOS for our products but it will be some time before we are happy with the final result.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi, Giga rep :)

I want my next build to have a Z68 board.

I am very intrested in the UD4, but has no VGA/DVI/HDMI port. Apparently a UD4XP model is due for release with a HDMI port on it. Is this true and when is its release date?

Thanks

There is indeed a new model, the Z68XP-UD4 will have all the features you wanted and will be on sale in the next few weeks.

Associate
OP
I have a question:

When will we see the Gigabyte GA-Z68-Gaming in the UK?

gagaming.jpg

This will be avalible in about a month or two max

Associate
OP
What he said, really ^^

I like the idea of onboard GPU for every day use, and pretty impressive video transcoding, but still have plenty of need for a discrete gfx card for gaming and mining !
Gigabyte Z68 boards were crossed right off my list for this most recent upgrade, simply on the grounds they did not have video outputs (and therefore Virtu), leaving a toss-up between Asus and AsRock......no skin of my nose, but missed opportunity for Gigabyte, methinks, for other like-minded buyers ? Shame, as have liked previous Gigabyte board owned (K8NXP-SLI, way back when !)

Hi

Gigabyte is catering for all aspects of the market on Z68 lines as you can see we have many lines available to offer, we have many options on Z68 available for you to buy with or without the VGA option. Some people dont want to pay more for the VGA option when it wont be used. Very soon we will have the XP codes live that does come with the VGA option on the high end boards.

OCUK will be getting the stocks as soon as they land and we will make sure all of the forum members are updated.

Hope this clears your question up and have a great day…

Many thanks

Giga-man

Associate
OP
Hello giga- man, i own a gama770t ud3p board,my northbridge temps go up to about 84*c,i since put a small fan on and temps are a constant 78*c, i also changed the thermal compound,are these temps normal?

They are OK. Don't worry about northbridge temps, the chipsets are designed to withstand such level. BTW what software do you use for checking it?

The response on Gigabyte's own forums is much better. Can't expect them to be everywhere now.

most of the threads are by non gigabyte staff on that forum , very rare you will see anybody from gigabyte tbh . i also visit that forum and have asked for help in the past and was help by a normal user and not by gigabyte staff:rolleyes::D;)

It's because GIGABYTE Forum is the community of Gigabyte users who help each other and exchange opinions there. This is major purpose of this forum.
But you will meet my co-worker runn3R there too :)

Associate
OP
Hi chaotic_uk & rolypolyman

Don't worry about these bioses. If there are available at our website then it means they should be rock stable (even marked as beta).

Hi ProjectVRD

Please don't mix UEFI with GUI driven UEFI. We already have UEFI on some of our MB's through Hybrid EFI Technology (providing 3TB+ HDD support) inside our BIOS. Regarding GUI driven UEFI we are working on it as I already mentioned.

If anyone wants GUI to change BIOS settings then we have Touch BIOS for him. It's available now for Z68 chipset based motherboards users.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom