Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Associate
Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm from Gigabyte and will be officially supporting users on OcUK forums.

If you have any questions then please feel free to post them and I will try my best to answer them within a reasonable time frame.

GIGA-Man

Soldato
Just something I noticed recently from making two builds with Gigabyte motherboards that Ive never seen before in other boards, eg, Asus etc.

On a cold start up, the motherboard shows the CPU and Ram at POST. If I do a normal restart from within Windows XP when it POST's again the CPU and Ram is not shown in the first screen at restart, only the usual Bios version, HDD's etc and then continues to load XP.

Is this normal? I always assusmed EVERY POST was the same no matter what kind of startup/restart so the CPU and Ram would be shown every time.

Soldato
Hi there, nice to see someone about to help.

Is there any reason why Gigabyte don't seem to have adopted the flashy GUI UEFI BIOS but still have the 2.2+ GB support but with an Award BIOS on top? Are you working on something awesome?! I've seen TouchBIOS, but that seems to be solely OS based.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the old fashioned BIOS, it's efficient, but it seems you might be missing a trick and selling point to average users. Or maybe I'm wrong and your boards already have a nice GUI BIOS? I was looking at the 990FX-UD7.

Maybe your LGA2011 boards will have it? Maybe there'll be a BIOS update for Bulldozer boards?

Sorry for all the questions, genuinely interested in the answer, I'm a fan of GB mobos. The new 990FX and Z68 boards look awesome.

Associate
Hi, Giga rep :)

I want my next build to have a Z68 board.

I am very intrested in the UD4, but has no VGA/DVI/HDMI port. Apparently a UD4XP model is due for release with a HDMI port on it. Is this true and when is its release date?

Thanks

Soldato
On a cold start up, the motherboard shows the CPU and Ram at POST. If I do a normal restart from within Windows XP when it POST's again the CPU and Ram is not shown in the first screen at restart, only the usual Bios version, HDD's etc and then continues to load XP.

That is an award bios thing.

Soldato
I can understand why they would do that. Intel says -'hey look OEMs, we're releasing a different (but very similar) chipset to P67 right after we fixed the dodgy chipsets' and they're expected to say 'OK Intel, we'll go about redesigning a totally new range of motherboards at significant cost to ourselves, and we'll pass that onto the grateful consumers'.

Who even cares about VGA?

This is my opinion. Don't hurt me too much.

Caporegime
I can understand why they would do that. Intel says -'hey look OEMs, we're releasing a different (but very similar) chipset to P67 right after we fixed the dodgy chipsets' and they're expected to say 'OK Intel, we'll go about redesigning a totally new range of motherboards at significant cost to ourselves, and we'll pass that onto the grateful consumers'.

Who even cares about VGA?

This is my opinion. Don't hurt me too much.

It's not just VGA.

They don't have any outputs at all to use the onboard GPU.

No VGA, no HDMI, no DVI and no DisplayPort.

The other motherboard manufacturers have managed to put some of these outputs on their motherboards.

Associate
It's stiil pants that GB have'nt released a full GUI UEFI bios, I know we don't spend all that much time in there but when other manufactures are doing it....

And why no touch bios app for P67 / H67 users?

Back
Top Bottom