Help getting started

Associate
Hey guys,

So after far too long I have rejoined the gym and am looking to drop some weight and tone up, maybe begin to build after that. Am I approaching this right?

If I want to seriously build muscle should I be doing this from the start? Where do I start in the gym? Can someone give me an idea of what my weekly routine should look like as a beginner?

Cheers

Associate
OP
I've looked at the Strong Lifts link. It makes sense and I'm more than willing to give it a go. Can I do cardio sessions on the Tues, Thurs and Sat? And if so does anyone have any suggestions about what they should look like?

Soldato
Sorry to butt in. But can you check your email? Sent you a couple of things about Secret Santa. If you didn't get them, feel free to send me a trust and I'll explain/get things sorted?

More on topic however, you need to get two things sorted:
a) A Routine. You need to get it so you've got a solid routine in place and know what you're doing. Good progress goals set etc... Have a look at some of the training logs for inspiration on workouts and stuff I'd say, or ask in the Gym Rats thread.
b) Diet. Diet is king. Read Steedie's diet thread.
(http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18299646)

It'll get you on track for making the progress you'll need. It will also explain part of the issue of trying to build muscle and lose weight simultaneously.

kd

Back
Top Bottom