Help launch a new case!

Associate
The second run is below expected levels. Necere reckons they will have sold ~500 this time around (compared with 1000 first time).

I would suggest this means there won't be a third run, so if you're procrastinating it's time to make up your mind (deadline is the 22nd of this month)

Soldato
Just seen they have released a V2 of this case. Not sure if orders are still available as pre-orders page is still accessible.

Associate
I haven't been on the HardForums for a bit, but i assume this run sold out like the first, perhaps not the frenzy there was with the first run, it being an enthusiasts thing really,, they've gone a sterling job with this case, and the fact the list of changes for v2 was so small is a testament to the job they did first time around.

I'd say for the guys that did the work well done, time to sell the rights to lian-li and enjoy a nice vacation :p

Associate
They can still be ordered (as I ordered one the other day). The extras are currently being shipped to the US via boat and won't be sent out till the end of September.

Associate
NCASE M1 v3 announced on their facebook page. M1 v3 will be available for pre-order mid NOV 2014 for mid DEC 2014 delivery... All I can say is fooook!!!

M1 v3:

Braces added to bottom corners of chassis for increased rigidity/decreased probability of wobbling
0.3mm decrease in side and front panel height
Extra QC for wobbling & panel uniformity
Changed model ID plate to read "V3.0" in place of "V2.0"

M1 v2:

Enlarged CPU cutout upward on motherboard tray
Additional cutouts at bottom of motherboard tray
Move rear 92mm fan and tubing holes down 2mm
Additional 3.5" HDD mounting location at forward bottom of chassis
Cable tie holes on chassis bottom reduced from 10 to 5
SSD stacking brackets modified to allow stacked 7mm thick SDDs closer
ATX PSU bracket moved back to allow more clearance behind chassis front
3.5" HDD cage fixed to work in upper fan bracket position
ODD bracket screw holes reduced for better M2 screw fit
No top panel screw
More SSD mounting screws
Extra side panel clips
Dome head M5 screws changed to flat head M5
Shortened internal AC cable, changed to left angle
Threaded inserts at side bracket mounting points
Sub-millimeter increases to exterior panel dimensions to mitigate panel warping
Changed first edition serial plate to model ID plate reading"NCASE M1 V3.0"

Associate
they have had a raging success with this, and i still say any case that can go 3 generations and have changes that small is a testament to the job done in the first place.

Still don't have a build in my v1 case yet, keep being tempted to see if i can squeeze a shuttle skt 2011 board in there and a 4960x missed a shuttle donor on ebay for £100 the other day

Soldato
Case looks good, but a slim ODD would be great, I am not getting the no ODD on none NAS case thing, They could at least have it as a option on orders. Never mind there is a slim ODD space, I see it on the frame, but the front panel looks solid with no ODD slot, I just can't see it.

Its nice to see the SFF community coming together to thrash out ideas for a really good layout gaming ITX case (those who still think that the Big Fenix is SFF are provably wrong). So vote with your wallets peoples!

I know, really all the cases you can get in the U,S. that are mITX & dual slots or more are to big to be considered SFFs I thunk.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finally building mine at the moment, literally 14 months after I bought the case!

My primary system is now an overclocked Intel 5930k X-99 system with Tri-fire in a Corsair 750d case to drive my 4k Panny 58" TV, so the Ncase N1 build has changed a bit but will still be very capable...in fact it's slightly more powerful than my initial plans.

Haswell i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz
Asus Maximus VI Impact mITX
8GB DDR3
Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 JetStream 4GB
Seidon 240m AIO liquid cooling
600W Silverstone Strider SST-SX600-G SFX 80 Plus Gold PSU

I plan to put it upstairs in the bedroom and it can drive my 55" 1080p Panny VT50 plasma.

All the bits worked in a Corsair 350d case (Well, the GPU and PSU are new) so touch wood it should be ok.

Will upload some pictures tomorrow.

Caporegime
All complete and worked first time!

See below:

Ncase_M1_buildlog_07.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_01.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_02.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_03.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_06.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_04.jpg

Ncase_M1_buildlog_05.jpg

Back