Help! What snake is this & will it kill me?

Permabanned
Looks nothing like a smooth snake. The pattern is totally different. No guarantee its a corn I admit, but head, body and pattern indicate its either a corn, or something similar.

Either way its harmless (they can bite, but not venomous and most are docile)

Be so kind as to leave some water out for it. Tap fine. Cold eater from kettle is better..

Caporegime
Looks nothing like a smooth snake. The pattern is totally different. No guarantee its a corn I admit, but head, body and pattern indicate its either a corn, or something similar.

Either way its harmless (they can bite, but not venomous and most are docile)

Be so kind as to leave some water out for it. Tap fine. Cold eater from kettle is better..

What would be even kinder is to call the RSPCA. Tonight's temps will drop to 15c. That's enough to kick off respiratory illness in snakes.

Soldato
I'm not 100% it is a smooth snake. The head markings are missing. Although, apparently they can be missing on some of them. It is certainly the closest looks wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll say it again -it's definitely not a UK species of snake, so no grass snake, adder or smooth snake. It looks like an escaped pet. Post it up on reptile forums UK for a positive ID and someone near you might be able to pick it up and take care of it at least for the short term while you try to find the owner. If it's still there, that is.

Associate
I think it's time to get that mother flipping snake out of your mother flipping shed. :D

Kudos for the Aliens quote Sonea Fifer. I love that line.

Back
Top Bottom