Help with adding water to my 650D

My kit arrived over the last few days - mis ordered a few bits like a donut.

First dilemma decision and want some help

I need to make a decision on pump placement. Pump is Laing ddc 1t with xspc acetal top.

I wanted to have it in my 5.25 bays under everything else so I could run it straight up to my top rad.
My 4 5.25 bays are
1 DVD rw
2&3 dual bay res
4 lamptron fan controller.

There is plenty of space behind the controller for the pump but with a right angled compression in the top it's not much below if at all the exit water level of the res.
Now will this be a problem to have it like this??

The alternative is to have it sit on top if my hd cage which is the furthest back position but it means tubes going down then back up

What do you think??

Shouldn't be a problem so long the res can feed it. Just make sure this happens, and the loop order then does not matter. Plan for the shortest tubing route.

Usually the res is the highest part of the loop or at least higher than the pump, this is for gravity to take effect, and there will be no chance of the pump running dry when there is adequate liquid in the loop.

Alternatively take a look at the XSPC Dual-bay pump res like what I have mate. You can fit the actual pump onto the res which is in the drive bays (this way is the most space-saving method).

Back
Top Bottom