Helphire question

Suspended
Helphire question - Integra meets Merc SLK :(

Why when I have just called helphire have they asked that my insurance company calls them to instruct to help me out? Is this typical? Certainly doesnt seem that way from reading past threads on here, or indeed their own website :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Helphire were useless when we tried to use them too.

"Hello, somebody has just driven into my wifes car head-on, the police are in attendance and are dealing withe the offending driver. Can you help us out with a hire car?"
"Has he admitted liability?"
"Not yet, (blah blah, police stuff, etc)"
"Sorry, can't help you"

helphire :confused:

Caporegime
each case is probably individual and they can only do certain things on your own instruction.
If it is the other persons fault, call their insurance and see about a car, if they wont give you one then just ring your insurance. they will go through the routine of getting you a car and then charging it back to the other company.

Suspended
OP
each case is probably individual and they can only do certain things on your own instruction.
If it is the other persons fault, call their insurance and see about a car, if they wont give you one then just ring your insurance. they will go through the routine of getting you a car and then charging it back to the other company.

Elite are only dealing with the approved repairer, its the repairer who them provide the car. They dont have my car yet so no chance of a courtesy car and of course Im a car down at the moment so can not get to my clients site. This is why I think helphire is the route to go.

Man of Honour
If its quite clearly not your fault then beyond merely notifying them your insurer need not be involved, its nothing to do with them (What if you were TPO?) and I'd be keen to avoid involving them as they tend to take NCB first, ask questions later.

Explain this to Helphire - if they still wont play ball then use another accident management company.

Soldato
I think pretty quick jonny. I had to wait as my car was drivable. Say gareth with the s2000 recommended them, mike was absolutely superb for me and I'm sure he can sort something out quickly if needed

Dup

Dup

Soldato
[TW]Fox;12882194 said:
If its quite clearly not your fault then beyond merely notifying them your insurer need not be involved, its nothing to do with them (What if you were TPO?) and I'd be keen to avoid involving them as they tend to take NCB first, ask questions later.

Explain this to Helphire - if they still wont play ball then use another accident management company.

What Fox said. I lost my NCD without question or quibble and was never give nthe oppertunity to dispute the case. F U Norwich Union.

Suspended
OP
Yeah thanks. Sorted with Helphire now.

Seems pretty slick, never had a conference calls with two women talking about my date of birth and how clean my licence is before :p

Car is coming tomorrow at 11. No idea what it will be yet, the rather unfortunate things about Integras is that that they are only 1.8 hatchbacks.

Cheers

Suspended
OP
That's a pretty god result.

What do you think the chances of the Integra being written off are?

I really dont know. Firstly I guess they will base the write off value on there valuation rather than the agreed policy.

Then its pretty much a full JDM nose, including both headlights which with the yen so strong will be pricey. Everything got stuffed into the engine at the front then the deflection off the SLK stuff me into a no entry sign, so that go pushed down to about 20 degrees but i stopped with the wheels still on the ground. Good job I managed to take most the speed off when Muppet A turned across me.

Radiator is about half a foot backwards but has just popped off its mounts I guess as its not leaking. Car actually drives fine but I imagine its gonna be a WO.

Turbo 1.6 in this mini is pretty decent aswell. Not too sure how silly the ambient lighting will look later set on pink but ill give it a try :p

Man of Honour
If its a writeoff you'll be offered the salvage for pennies and will profit after you repair it yourself/pay a garage to do it.

Back
Top Bottom