Helphire question

Suspended
OP
Assessor has got back with a estimate of £5214.12 on the £5k agreed value we're looking at a write off. Just need to get Esure out now, and I need to ring them apparently as helphire dont make the initial contact :confused: so much for 'management' of my claim. They said they had no capital funds at helphire so I need to claim from my insurance for the payout. I said, nope Im happy to wait for the other party to payout as I have this hire car until then anyway. :p

I have NO IDEA what to get next.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
crash1.JPG

Like so?

Perfect. Other than 'Dexel' ?

It's seem that anyone with a 'teg is now Drexel. :p

These posts confuse and disturb me.

Suspended
OP
The picture has been edited. Prior to the edit, Dexel was where in the white box jonnycoupe now occupies.

Im tempted to print that picture off to send to the insurance rather than drawing a less than accurate diagram on the incident form.

Associate
[TW]Fox;12972106 said:
How can she possibly do that?!?

No doubt her insurers advised her to. Sounds pretty open and shut though.

I found Helphire to be a useless shower of ****.

In early 2006 an elderly gentlemen pulls out of his driveway without looking, directly into the path of my car, causing the offside front of my Civic VTi to collide with the offside rear of his Citroen Xantia. Both cars written off. My insurance co hand it over to Helphire to deal with. I got paid out on my car within 2 weeks as they were confident it would go my way.

I was in contact with HelpHire every so often trying to get an answer as to if the claim had been settled, I was informed initially that the other driver had contested fault, and that they would get back to me. They never did, I kept calling, and they always promised to call back with an update, but never did.

After a few months of this I got ****ed off and just left it, leaving my NCB status up in the air, and me paying full price for insurance.

Now at the time of the accident they asked if I wanted to make a personal injury claim, which I refused, as I was not injured. I had a stiff neck for about 24 hrs but nothing to write home about.

About 7 months after the accident I got a call to say they had a cheque here for me, and all I needed to do was speak to the solicitor they had involved and say my neck hurt. At this point I was livid, not only had they not contacted me to say my claim had been settled in my favour, but they had gone ahead and made a personal injury claim anyway.

The woman on the end of the phone was completely gobsmacked that I didnt want the money. I told her again that I had not instructed them to claim, that I would not tell an outright lie to obtain the money and told them where to stick their cheque and to send me out proof that the accident had been settled in my favour so I could get my NCB back.

Still makes me angry to this day the way they acted. Sure the accident wasnt my fault, but I still feel bad for the old git that pulled out on me as not only has his insurance gone up for causing the accident, it will have been pushed up further by Helphire making a personal injury claim on my behalf without my permission :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom