The Witcher series (Netflix)

Soldato
It's called artistic integrity. I cannot suspend my belief if it's so obvious that the cast has been chosen to fore fill a diversity quota.

Like they're thinking of blackwashing The Little Mermaid by casing Zendaya as Ariel. They would then of course need to change the race of at least one of the parents to make sense (or do whats become a trend in movies and say they're "Adopted") It's becomes a mess and moves the story more and more away from the original intent, rendering the whole thing a joke.

Whitewashing is a problem, but blackwashing is also bad and two wrongs don't make it right

Soldato
If producers are willing to cast a white English queen with a black actress (as in The Hollow Crown), then it does not surprise me that Ciri will be non-white.

Caporegime
Remember when everyone went mental that Spider-Man: Homecoming cast two non white girls as Peter Parkers love interest?

Remember when the movie came out, and zendaya was revealed to be MJ and nobody gave two ***** because it worked fine?

Caporegime
DC in turmoil with more chopping and changing (ie throwing new stuff at the screen and seeing if it sticks any better). Pretty poor compared to Marvel and Fox who manage to keep their actors for multiple, successful movies.

Dc movies are farcical, you'd think by now they would just give up and try again in a few years, instead they just push out underwhelming movies that take comparatively small box office returns compared to Marvel.

Caporegime

Just to point out, they haven't heard he's out, they believe supergirl being older than superman means they can't have an older superman....

Every incarnation of supergirl I've seen (and maybe actually all versions I haven't) has superman being older, because while she's older than him, some kinda fancy time shenanigans occurred, being stuck in the phantom zone or travelling in a wormhole always means she turns up on earth as a teenage girl to his already being superman and being on earth for a long time.

The entire story seems to be based on the author's utter lack of knowledge on the subject matter and was jumping to conclusions.

It's entirely possible they recast superman and the rest because the last films were awful. Affleck is utterly awful as the weird fat look Batman and the hey, your mum is called Martha too, lets be besties thing was an utter joke.

A reboot wouldn't entirely surprise me, but the one guy that worked I think was him as Superman.

Soldato
If they lose Cavill as Superman then they'll lose the best thing about the DCU. But i'll be the oppotunetly to can the whole thing, give it a few years (i would recommend a decade or so) and then try again with a proper line-up and time line

Soldato
What on Earth is happening recently

Michael B Jordan in the spotlight to replace superman.

Person of Colour in the spotlight to play Ceri.

Why?

As per my post above, it'll be stupid and ridiculous. Generally speaking anyone outside the black community isn't going to be interested in a black superman. It'll be a bad joke. Black Panther was fine because he was created as a black superhero ingrained in Afican culture. But blackwashing is becoming a problem as it's just dismantling artistic integrity by chasing the diversity dollar and virtue signalling. As John Pie would say "The politicisation of art is the end of art"

Last edited:
Associate
Generally speaking anyone outside the black community isn't going to be interested in a black superman. It'll be a bad joke.

What?

What has skin colour have to do with his ability to be a flying alien?

The whole point of his look was to represent the quintessential 'American ideal' of the 1940s and 50s of a tall, white, square-jawed male.

It no longer represents 21st century America.

Back
Top Bottom