Here we go again!! Another knife attack.

Soldato
Why do you think a lot of inner cities in the US have become so crime ridden, white flight, businesses leave, crime settles in, what's happening now is almost the exact same thing as US cities 40 odd years ago.

Police and politicians are too afraid of labels and words over ensuring criminals don't get a foothold and areas are lost forever to gangs.

I have often thought that this was the major "Unintended consequence" of the various bits of desegregation legislation brought in during the 60/70's.

Once urban Whites realised that they could no longer have their "Whites Only" Shops, Diners, Schools and seats on the bus, they all upped sticks and headed for the suburbs

Interestingly, prior to the civil rights movements victories. Crime among US Blacks was falling and prosperity was improving. it was after desegregation that Black crime and poverty surged in the wake of the destruction of the economics of urban residential neighborhoods as a result of large scale white flight..

Man of Honour
Obviously it doesn't rule out an Admiral Snackbar but I know that line very well (it's the line I use to get to work and I live a few stops down). It's a very, very, very non-diverse and quiet area. It would be an usual place for a Snackbar attack. The only time I've felt uneasy on a train there has been late at night with a number of drunk teenagers. So I'm leaning towards this probably being people who knew each other and have had a previous altercation.

I'm screwed getting home tonight now though.

Soldato
I have often thought that this was the major "Unintended consequence" of the various bits of desegregation legislation brought in during the 60/70's.

Once urban Whites realised that they could no longer have their "Whites Only" Shops, Diners, Schools and seats on the bus, they all upped sticks and headed for the suburbs

Interestingly, prior to the civil rights movements victories. Crime among US Blacks was falling and prosperity was improving. it was after desegregation that Black crime and poverty surged in the wake of the destruction of the economics of urban residential neighborhoods as a result of large scale white flight..
Single parent household is a major contributing factor in all of this as well, the statistics don't lie.

Soldato
Single parent household is a major contributing factor in all of this as well, the statistics don't lie.

But is this cause or effect?

US Black Women have a serious problem if they want to have children. (Which most Women do want to do really, despite what the feminists claim)

The typical smart/successful US Black man will move out to the suburbs just as soon as he can afford to do so, surround himself with White friends, and snag himself a Snowbunny.

Those that remain are not really going to be the pick of the bunch. In the US at any given time around 1:20 Black Men are actually in prison. and getting on for 40% will serve actual prison time at some point in their lives. The chances are that the majority of young US Black men are going to be involved in serious (IE potential jail time) criminal activity to a greater or lesser extent. Not really what a Woman is looking for as a potential father for her children.

Parents with Black daughters despair of finding good, successful and law abiding, husbands for their daughters

Many Black Women would love to date White Men, but unfortunately Black women are the Ford Edsels# of the dating world. For the most part, White Men just aren't interested (There have been calls to make on-line dating "Colour Blind" to address this, but it isn't really a solution is it. )

In the same way that according to legend, only a handful of Edsels were ever stolen. Even White rapists dont go for Black women White_on_Black rape is rare in the US and Gang rapes almost unheard of!

The death rate due to homicide for Black men is horrifyingly high too, (At the recent peak in the mid 80's it was heading towards 1:1000 per year! :eek: Though it is rather lower today, the rate is still far greater than for any other ethnic group) so widowhood, while still young, is also a serious consideration.

For Black women, the gene pool of available fathers is likely to be largely made up from people who are in gangs, in prison, or in the ground!

As a consequence, single motherhood is practically endemic and the best role models for the majority of young fatherless Black children is the local successful gang leader.

And so the vicious cycle repeats itself.

:/

Permabanned
Carrying out triage on oneself is a bit grim!

:eek:

Perhaps a personal nurse should accompany you, with blood and a medical kit, like the president has with him. There's this nurse bint up the road, she is welcome to accompany me anywhere, and I am very happy to donate any bodily fluids to the cause ;) My late father in law was a farmer and cut his hand to the bone on some machine one Christmas. He couldn't stand the idea of a long wait amongst drunks in A & E so stitched it himself after a load of whiskey, apparently twenty stitches using strong cotton and a sewing needle. His pal the vet saw it the next day and complimented him on a tidy job, but suggested a tetanus jab as a precaution... :)

These stabbings are becoming worryingly common and knife attacks de rigeur in some circles.

Soldato
Perhaps a personal nurse should accompany you, with blood and a medical kit, like the president has with him. There's this nurse bint up the road, she is welcome to accompany me anywhere, and I am very happy to donate any bodily fluids to the cause ;) My late father in law was a farmer and cut his hand to the bone on some machine one Christmas. He couldn't stand the idea of a long wait amongst drunks in A & E so stitched it himself after a load of whiskey, apparently twenty stitches using strong cotton and a sewing needle. His pal the vet saw it the next day and complimented him on a tidy job, but suggested a tetanus jab as a precaution... :)

These stabbings are becoming worryingly common and knife attacks de rigeur in some circles.

Back in the day. (60/70's boarding school) I became quite adept at flicking splinters out of my feet with a razor blade.

I would do it to myself but there was no way that I would let anybody else do it for me!

I have never had to do the Rambo_with_the_Stitches thing so far, but I dare say I would be up for it if it became necessary.

And, as an aside, I would be perfectly happy to have any minor injuries treated by a Vet. Or indeed major ones. If I ever had the misfortune to smash myself up really badly I think Fitzpatrick Referrals would not only be perfectly capable of carrying out the repairs, but might actually make a better job of it than many orthopedic surgeons! :)

Needs must and all that!

:D

Soldato
But is this cause or effect?

US Black Women have a serious problem if they want to have children. (Which most Women do want to do really, despite what the feminists claim)

The typical smart/successful US Black man will move out to the suburbs just as soon as he can afford to do so, surround himself with White friends, and snag himself a Snowbunny.

Those that remain are not really going to be the pick of the bunch. In the US at any given time around 1:20 Black Men are actually in prison. and getting on for 40% will serve actual prison time at some point in their lives. The chances are that the majority of young US Black men are going to be involved in serious (IE potential jail time) criminal activity to a greater or lesser extent. Not really what a Woman is looking for as a potential father for her children.

Parents with Black daughters despair of finding good, successful and law abiding, husbands for their daughters

Many Black Women would love to date White Men, but unfortunately Black women are the Ford Edsels# of the dating world. For the most part, White Men just aren't interested (There have been calls to make on-line dating "Colour Blind" to address this, but it isn't really a solution is it. )

In the same way that according to legend, only a handful of Edsels were ever stolen. Even White rapists dont go for Black women White_on_Black rape is rare in the US and Gang rapes almost unheard of!

The death rate due to homicide for Black men is horrifyingly high too, (At the recent peak in the mid 80's it was heading towards 1:1000 per year! :eek: Though it is rather lower today, the rate is still far greater than for any other ethnic group) so widowhood, while still young, is also a serious consideration.

For Black women, the gene pool of available fathers is likely to be largely made up from people who are in gangs, in prison, or in the ground!

As a consequence, single motherhood is practically endemic and the best role models for the majority of young fatherless Black children is the local successful gang leader.

And so the vicious cycle repeats itself.

:/
Im sure Im not the first to say this but you have a very unhealthy obsession with "black peoples".

Soldato
Im sure Im not the first to say this but you have a very unhealthy obsession with "black peoples".

Why is it unhealthy to try to analyse a serious social issue and to try to work out what the problem might be?

It has got to be rather more unhealthy to simply pretend that there is no issue!

Back
Top Bottom