Hermes just stole my parcel?

Associate
Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

Hermes are atrocious courier company, my wife has had parcels stolen from them also when they have said the item was delivered. Any time Hermes is the preferred courier of a parcel I go elsewhere, they are shocking from our experience.

Weird. My neighbour initials are apparently the same that shows up on my tracking and they got a parcel at the same time, but it was something they ordered themselves.. So, where's my parcel? And why is their initials showing up signed and delivered on my end?

Are you kidding me.

I can't phone them to speak to them, there's no options to actually speak to a person, they tell you to go to live chat. I was already in a queue in live chat for over an hour, it gets to my spot and it's cancelled: "There are no agents available to chat to you at the moment. Please try again later."

Go back to whoever you bought/ordered the item from. It’s they who have to contract for delivery with courier company. Just tell them the parcel didn’t arrive and the signature is not yours.

Go back to whoever you bought/ordered the item from. It’s they who have to contract for delivery with courier company. Just tell them the parcel didn’t arrive and the signature is not yours.

This - the retailer also usually has better methods of communication with the delivery company as they're the ones that directly pay them.

Are you kidding me.

I can't phone them to speak to them, there's no options to actually speak to a person, they tell you to go to live chat. I was already in a queue in live chat for over an hour, it gets to my spot and it's cancelled: "There are no agents available to chat to you at the moment. Please try again later."

welcome to the future...

Weird. My neighbour initials are apparently the same that shows up on my tracking and they got a parcel at the same time, but it was something they ordered themselves.. So, where's my parcel? And why is their initials showing up signed and delivered on my end?
Out of curiosity, do you trust your neighbour to be telling the truth here? Was your item high value, have they maybe opened it and went ‘ka-ching’ and are now bluffing you saying they were expecting a parcel too?

Out of curiosity, do you trust your neighbour to be telling the truth here? Was your item high value, have they maybe opened it and went ‘ka-ching’ and are now bluffing you saying they were expecting a parcel too?

It was only a £50 mouse. Apparently there's been complaints on facebook regarding our local Hermes driver and specifically our street in the past few days, so it's more than likely the driver that's the one that's being dodgy. There's also no reason why the driver should have went next door with my parcel either. No delivery attempt was made here, no note was left and nothing on the site indicates that it was left elsewhere.

From my viewpoint, Hermes is 50% of the problem. The other 50% of the problem are sellers who lie about which courier they use. I actively avoid Hermes and look for sellers who use e.g. Royal Mail 48. The next thing I know is that I've been given a Hermes tracking number and the item fell down the same pit that took the OP's £50 mouse.

Have anyone else here encountered sellers who lie about which courier they use? Obviously they're doing this to drum up sales, but it's dishonest. It's low. Even worse was that the negative feedback that I gave the seller got removed because the seller had proof of tracking. The fact remained that that I never received the item and I was left out of pocket. The only way I resolved it in the end was by filing a PayPal dispute.

Unfortunately you often get what you pay for with couriers, though a lot depends on the local delivery person with the likes of Hermes. UPS can be equally crappy though.

As a buyer, it's not like I have much choice in what courier they use :/ I guess some companies use specific couriers, but if I was to order on ebay for example, I could get any of them.

I'll definitely try to avoid Hermes in the future from after this experience.

Such a shame that the company continues to employ absolute tools.

Our local driver is great and as such I would never have any issue with ordering with hermes delivery right now. The last one however was useless so I understand these threads.

Back
Top Bottom