Hermes just stole my parcel?

Such a shame that the company continues to employ absolute tools.

Our local driver is great and as such I would never have any issue with ordering with hermes delivery right now. The last one however was useless so I understand these threads.
This is true. Our local hermes guy is great. I have a lot more problems with Amazon logistics as it gets closer to Christmas, with several items going missing last year.

Aw man, this is going to look really bad on Ebay. It says the parcel has been delivered and signed for. I'm not going to get screwed over here am I?

I recently had a similar problem, bought an item on a tuesday, for next day delivery, by friday there had been no attempt to deliver, so I contacted the vendor, who gave hermes a kick. The next day, it changed to 'delivered to safe location' and I queried this also, and was told that this happens usually when they intend to deliver the next day. All in all, a lot of faff.. it eventually arrived the next daym but I was still miffed.

Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

Yup. Its happened to me too a few years ago now a Playstation 3 would you believe. Luckily Amazon did and so I got another... via a different courier.

They're well known for it. Depots have been raided by the police more than once. Google it.

No, it was a £50 mouse, but I don't particularly want to lose £50, lol. There's no way I'm going to be held responsible for this.

You're lucky it was only £50. Mine was £250+ lol

I checked the tracking today. Even though it said it was signed for and delivered, it's now back at the local depot and the signature of proof that was there isn't there anymore. Honestly have no idea what they're doing.

Honestly have no idea what they're doing.
Neither do Hermes.

Often just self employed drivers that really couldn't care less. Fairly sure they get paid by delivery so often just take whatever they can get and shove it anywhere. We accepted a parcel for 2 streets away only because we could ensure it actually gets to the correct place.

From my viewpoint, Hermes is 50% of the problem. The other 50% of the problem are sellers who lie about which courier they use. I actively avoid Hermes and look for sellers who use e.g. Royal Mail 48. The next thing I know is that I've been given a Hermes tracking number and the item fell down the same pit that took the OP's £50 mouse.

Have anyone else here encountered sellers who lie about which courier they use? Obviously they're doing this to drum up sales, but it's dishonest. It's low. Even worse was that the negative feedback that I gave the seller got removed because the seller had proof of tracking. The fact remained that that I never received the item and I was left out of pocket. The only way I resolved it in the end was by filing a PayPal dispute.
yeah, i've had this on Amazon, turned out to be Chinese sellers. first item, electronics, turned up late and not via the courier they'd stated - was crap but i got a return/refund no prob. Second item, electronics again, said they used Royal Mail, the tracking number sent me to what looked like a made up page for a Chinese courier, had "picked up" on it and literally nothing else. as soon as the delivery date had passed i jumped on them and ended up getting a replacement item next-dayed from a GB address :-/

it's a shame RM etc can't set up an "authorised used" type number so you could check before hand that the person you were buying from actually used that company and were recognised by them.

Had a book delivered by Hermes whilst I was out this morning.

Card left: Parcel hidden in bucket around side of garage.

The bucket was about 30cm deep in water. Excellent.

MyHermes driver was going to leave three packages outside and empty flat not 10 minutes ago. I stay in a block of 6 flats and I my front door is perhaps three steps from the empty flat's front door. Fortunately I heard his bar code reader beeping and went to see what was happening.
I told him the flat was empty, it cannot be as I have these packages says he, looking at the items I see that he at the wrong address. He wants number 60 flat 4 we are number 64 and he was leaving the goods outside flat 4.

Surely the ability to read is a prerequisite in this type of work and why did he not knock at my door, why just leave them?

No, it was a £50 mouse, but I don't particularly want to lose £50, lol. There's no way I'm going to be held responsible for this.
For something that small just use RM 2nd class signed for, never had any problem with Royal Mail, ParcelForce or DPD, the worst for me are APC, saying roads are closed and they can't deliver so you have to go to their depot!

Whilst I agree with everything that's been said here, my Hermes driver back when I was in Norwich, was actually very good. A young Czech woman that was into motorbikes. She always chatted to me about the bike as I was often working on it, and always made sure I got my parcels.

It arrived finally. But the outer packaging was pretty much exposed and could see what was inside. Almost positive that someone has looked what was inside. Also doesn't make sense that my barcode was scanned on Friday and "delivered".

Not touching Hermes again.

He had to scan three parcels within in three feet or so from my door so time really doers not come into it.
course it does. they don't want to have to interact with people in any way in case it slows them down. knocking doors mean potentially speaking to people, meaning time wasted. beep and abandon is how they seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom