Hermes just stole my parcel?

I use Hermes all the time to send parcels for items I sell on ebay.

I have never had any negative feedback regarding the delivery of the items and it is super handy being able to drop them off at the local shop.

I suppose it really depends on the individual drivers and their routes.

I'm waiting for the deliver of a HX850i PSU. It got to my local delivery office yesterday and hasn't moved since. Oddly enough both yesterday and today at 7am tracking said it was on the way to the Courier but as of right now (15:36) still hasn't updated to 'with the courier' We are now on day 7 of a 2 day delivery promise

I surprising had Hermes deliver an Amazon order today. Thankfully it was just a 30KG bag of cat litter, so can barely be damaged and not worth stealing, unless the driver has cats.

I had an item that got lost and Hermes refunded the selling price of the item I sold on Ebay and the postage after I sent them a copy of the sale invoice.
When this has happened with Royal mail in the past. they want to see your purchase invoice and will only refund your cost price not what you sold it for

Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

I have had something similar before, when the company that sent the item got the tracking and labels all screwed up on two parcels. They courier delivered my item to some guy and were left with his parcel with no label on it, which they returned to the company that sent it. But none of that matters. Just go back to the seller and say it hasn't arrived. It doesn't matter what the delivery company says. Just maintain that you haven't received it.

I had an item that got lost and Hermes refunded the selling price of the item I sold on Ebay and the postage after I sent them a copy of the sale invoice.
When this has happened with Royal mail in the past. they want to see your purchase invoice and will only refund your cost price not what you sold it for
Thats going to land them in court one of these days if someone is daft enough to send something high value which they made a large profit on via Hermes.

Ordered something on Wednesday. The next day, I get an email from Hermes saying its getting delivered by 5pm to 7pm. It then got updated at 5:13 saying the courier couldn't deliver today. Fair enough, it should come tomorrow, right? The next day I get an email in the morning saying it'll be delivered 11am to 1pm. Waited the rest of the day, still nothing. The site then got updated at 21:57 saying there was an attempted delivery and I wasn't in and they would try again the next working day (this was a lie, I was in all day...) Today, it said would get delivered from 3pm to 5pm. I just checked a few mins ago and it said it was delivered to my house and signed for. I checked the signature and its 2 random initials.

I'm baffled as to what the hell has gone on?

So what was the outcome to this? Did they, or did they not steal it? Is the title miss leading clickbait?

I get the most irritating **** ups sometimes whereby I live on one Church Road, and then in a village only 7 miles away is another Church Road
Can count on two hands the amount of times I've had to travel out there to get my post. Surprised I'm not on first name basis with the owner of that house

Still laugh when I got a card through the door stating my parcel had been left with my neighbour's at house #35. Two problems there, 1.) my street only goes up to #31 and 2.) if #35 did exist and they'd left there it is far from being my 'neighbour'. I knocked on every #35 in about a half mile radius of my house, got nothing.

Still laugh when I got a card through the door stating my parcel had been left with my neighbour's at house #35. Two problems there, 1.) my street only goes up to #31 and 2.) if #35 did exist and they'd left there it is far from being my 'neighbour'. I knocked on every #35 in about a half mile radius of my house, got nothing.

I had this with Yodel once. They stole a laptop I bought. They made the van driver come back to show me where he left it, he just said "I remember being here!" and walked up and down a bit, then ****ed off again and never came back.

The seller refunded me, I have no idea if they clawed it back from Yodel but I have doubts.

Back
Top Bottom