Hermes just stole my parcel?

I've got something (allegedly) being delivered by Hermes (when is anyone's guess).

The sender said it should have arrived by now. The tracking page has always said, "We're waiting to receive your parcel from the sender." For over a week.

I'm guessing it's not coming. Thanks, Herpes.

I've never had an issue with them and I use them fairly often for both collections and deliveries, I also use another similar company, Collect+, with no issues to note.

Yodel on the other hand...

I've got something (allegedly) being delivered by Hermes (when is anyone's guess).

The sender said it should have arrived by now. The tracking page has always said, "We're waiting to receive your parcel from the sender." For over a week.

I'm guessing it's not coming. Thanks, Herpes.

Had the same it got to the deport and then vanished

The comments section on this article is a goldmine of MyHermes warnings, especially the one entitled 'Blow by blow'.

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/scams-r...ight-your-rights-myhermes-lost-parcel-payouts

This one was especially egregious:

This is a blow by blow account of my experience with MyHermes, without a doubt the worst, most incompetent, most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. In October last year I purchased a computer part on Ebay from a seller in Manchester. The parcel was entrusted to MyHermes and was never delivered. MyHermes created a fictitious delivery docket stating that the parcel had been delivered to an address in Kennington in South London, nowhere near my studio in East London. They claimed to have passed this document onto the seller and to Ebay who then refused to enforce a refund on the grounds that I had signed for the delivery and was lying in order to steal a few lousy pounds off someone I didn’t even know. In April this year I issued proceedings against the seller in the Small Claims Tribunal and also issued a summons to MyHermes under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act obliging them to provide me with all documentation relating to the delivery. They refused on the grounds that they are not required to release any information to anyone but the seller, a legal fiction that I brought home to them via a solicitor’s letter. From that point they had forty days to provide the information requested, failing which I would have bailiffs visit them and obtain the documentation by any means they saw fit. MyHermes then realised the game was up and they were stuck between perjury and contempt of court, and shortly before we went to court they admitted that they had lost the parcel in December last year and that they had known that all along. All of their protestations regarding the safe delivery of the parcel had been deliberate and calculated lies. The seller settled, paying all my legal costs, and last I heard he intended to recover his considerable losses from MyHermes. Okay, parcels get lost, it happens, but nothing – and I mean NOTHING – can excuse the grotesque and dishonest manner this incompetent shower dealt with this matter. They knew perfectly well that they had not delivered the parcel but they continued to claim that they had, and they deliberately lied to the seller and to Ebay in order to back up their deception. I might also add that Ebay was utterly useless in helping to resolve this dispute and took MyHermes word without question, despite clear proof that they had been lying from day one. When I sent them the email from MyHermes showing that I was right and they and MyHermes were wrong, the pompous little jobsworth who had been 'dealing' with the dispute broke contact. Needless to say I have never received an apology from any of the parties involved. So, never, ever assign a parcel to MyHermes and do not buy from anyone who does. Before you buy from Ebay, Amazon or any other online marketplace do what I do and ask the seller to assure you that they will not be using MyHermes, and if they are, do not buy from them.

From my viewpoint, Hermes is 50% of the problem. The other 50% of the problem are sellers who lie about which courier they use. I actively avoid Hermes and look for sellers who use e.g. Royal Mail 48. The next thing I know is that I've been given a Hermes tracking number and the item fell down the same pit that took the OP's £50 mouse.

Have anyone else here encountered sellers who lie about which courier they use? Obviously they're doing this to drum up sales, but it's dishonest. It's low. Even worse was that the negative feedback that I gave the seller got removed because the seller had proof of tracking. The fact remained that that I never received the item and I was left out of pocket. The only way I resolved it in the end was by filing a PayPal dispute.

Had this just a couple of weeks ago. I ordered something quite bulky from an eBay shop, two rolls of heavy duty stable matting. Was attracted by the "free delivery" (these things are bulky and heavy,so most places charge a fortune to deliver). Specified courier was Parcelforce 48. I ordered on the Monday specifically as I was on leave for the week and wanted to be in to receive them. Item was dispatched on Tuesday, delivery estimate from eBay was Wednesday or Thursday. I chased up the tracking number from the seller - when it came through, it was a Yodel tracking number. My heart immediately sank.

As expected, shenanigans ensured. The tracking number reported that they hadn't even picked up the item yet on Wednesday. Messaged the seller again who confirmed it had been picked up. On Thursday, the item still hadn't arrived and the tracking reported the same status. I spent hours trying to contact Yodel using their atrocious phone system. The only way I could get through to a human was to phone up, give the tracking number incorrectly causing the automated system to put me in a queue. Eventually get through to someone to be told there's been delays and that my parcel would be shipped tomorrow (Friday) for delivery Saturday.

Saturday comes around and the tracking number status finally updates - as expected, estimated delivery is now Monday, when I'll be back at work :/. I then had to go through the whole rigmarole on the phone again and get them to confirm it was at my local depot. Then I just told them to tell the depot I was coming down to collect it myself (20 minutes away).

Drove to the depot getting myself all puffed up ready for an argument in the eventuality that they said I couldn't take the items away on the spot or something, and immediately had the wind taken out of my sails when the lady behind the counter was nothing but helpful. But Jesus, what a **** show the company is. Left feedback on the eBay seller saying that the reported courier was Yodel, not Parcelforce - not a lot else I could do.

My partner is having a bit of a nightmare with Hermes, in some ways thankfully the parcel looks to have been lost at the depot, her tracking page shows the parcel hasn't left the depot so at least there's no dispute about it being lost. She contacted them over a week ago to report the parcel hadn't been delivered, and they said they'd perform a sweep and get back in 24-48 hours, a week later they've now confirmed on their end that the parcel has indeed been lost.

My delivery experiences this week....

DHL - dropped the parcel off at 4pm, nothing signed. Get a "confirmation" email later saying it was dropped off at midday and signed for by myself. :confused::confused:

Yodel - dumped large parcel on doorstep, lightest of taps on the door and fled (on cctv.)
Have a knocker and doorbell so he obviously couldn't be arsed to wait to see if someone was in.
Get a "confirmation" email to say it was left in a "safe place" and a note posted through the door. Neither of which were obviously true.

Don't like the deliveries that will give the parcel to anyone in a block of flats when they don't even know which flat they've come from I.e they don't ask for proof.

No wonder stuff goes missing.

DPD delivered one package in a sainsbursys store across the road LOL!!!(I work on the main offices and wasnt in the office for delivery) yet it was delivered to my office address(which was a lie)

I then did some digging on who signed for it and asked on our local sainsburys shop right next to our office, they recongised the signature and it was from someone across the road on the other sainsburys store lol

I had some fun and games with Hermes at work a few months ago. We were returning a jet washer under warranty. I wouldn't normally get involved in things like this but literally, every single employee had a go at sorting it.

Hermes said they'd turned up and collected it, but hadn't, so quite naturally they said they've never received it at the depot. Instead of that being their problem, it was ours as they don't, through their system have the capability to order another pickup. Neither would Amazon request another RMA as their system said it had already been returned. It was nonsense.

In the end Nilfisk just sent us a new jet washer.

I dare any of you to spend 5 mins on their couriers forum (Hermes) without wanting to smack them!!!

Go on I dare ya

I've taken on a few ex Hermes drivers and......Well I think out of 5 I've kept 1..

My DPD experience yesterday. I live in a block of flats that has a management office on the ground floor, inside the main entrance.

DPD gained entry to the block of flats and saw that no one was in the management office at that time. Instead of actually attempting to ring my intercom or coming up to knock on my 3rd floor flat door (where I was in working from home especially so I could receive the parcel), they simply took a photo of the closed management office door and naffed off.

Same guy is going to be attempting a redelivery today...

My DPD experience yesterday. I live in a block of flats that has a management office on the ground floor, inside the main entrance.

DPD gained entry to the block of flats and saw that no one was in the management office at that time. Instead of actually attempting to ring my intercom or coming up to knock on my 3rd floor flat door (where I was in working from home especially so I could receive the parcel), they simply took a photo of the closed management office door and naffed off.

Yep, had a rainforest delivery for today. Delivery attempted and card left. No card and no attempt, phoned up and driver was going to redliver by 5. Still waiting and it’s what...7.30 :(

Tomorrow now is my best bet!!

Well DPD came again today, same driver as yesterday.

Today he again didn't bother ringing the intercom or coming up to my flat. Instead the management office was open, so he just left it with a guy in there. I was monitoring the tracking so came down immediately and the driver was still outside. I asked him why didn't you ring the intercom or come up? He lied saying the intercom wasn't working and that he won't come up to my flat!!???. I mailed DPD to complain but don't even expect a reply.

It's just a good job we have an office downstairs who will take in parcels if were not at home, but I expect them to actully try and deliver the damn thing first!

Just had a parcel that was supposed to be delivered today by Hermes, only it's with a "neighbour" a mile away according to the tracking. Like is that even possible!

I Facebooked the signature surname and the first person to pop up was someone with the same first name as the "Hermes contact" on the sorry we missed you card. I'm wondering if the Hermes driver has just taken the parcels back to her house and marking them as delivered. Weird.

Delivery from the rain forest today. Was at home, lights on, there's a knock at the door. Less than 3 seconds there's a "Sorry we missed you" card through the letter box. Really not joking. I manage to open the door as the guy is still on my property and hurrying down the path. "Hey - where's my parcel?!"

"Green box! Green box!" he yells as he disappears at a speed that makes me wonder why he even needs a van. Sure enough, shoved under my recycling box is my package. I've no idea who the carrier was. The flyer is just this orange and white thing saying "rain forest" at the top and the usual form boxes. There's no ID nor number and his van was just some generic white van. He did write "Green box" at the top though which I cannot believe was humanly possible to have written in between knocking at the door and putting the note through. In fact, I'm pretty darn certain to get away that fast he must have put the package under there BEFORE knocking. I was literally just a few metres away from the door when I heard the knock.

Delivery from the rain forest today. Was at home, lights on, there's a knock at the door. Less than 3 seconds there's a "Sorry we missed you" card through the letter box. Really not joking. I manage to open the door as the guy is still on my property and hurrying down the path. "Hey - where's my parcel?!"

"Green box! Green box!" he yells as he disappears at a speed that makes me wonder why he even needs a van. Sure enough, shoved under my recycling box is my package. I've no idea who the carrier was. The flyer is just this orange and white thing saying "rain forest" at the top and the usual form boxes. There's no ID nor number and his van was just some generic white van. He did write "Green box" at the top though which I cannot believe was humanly possible to have written in between knocking at the door and putting the note through. In fact, I'm pretty darn certain to get away that fast he must have put the package under there BEFORE knocking. I was literally just a few metres away from the door when I heard the knock.
These guys are under massive pressure to deliver as many parcels as possible. This guy has clearly wrote a note telling you where the parcel is, knocked the door and left to save him hanging about on you answering. Done nothing wrong in my opinion if he seen you were in.

Back
Top Bottom