Hermes just stole my parcel?

I ordered a 59p cable on amazon through prime and that was left in my green bin outside my front door, the driver didn't even attempt to knock. Disgusting behaviour I don't care if he has 87 drops to do I expect him to wait at my front door for me to answer then let me sign for the goods at my own pace. What's this country coming too I blaim brexit.

The fact he only gets paid 30p or so per drop has nothing to do with it. I demand the right to shuffle to the door and take my sweet time signing it!

n.b. it rained the other day. I blame brexit.

Another delivery from Amazon. Same man as the other day and clearly remembers me because this time he appeared standing in front of my living room window, banged on it to get my attention and then wandered off leaving the parcel on my doorstep. Improvement, maybe?

Another delivery from Amazon. Same man as the other day and clearly remembers me because this time he appeared standing in front of my living room window, banged on it to get my attention and then wandered off leaving the parcel on my doorstep. Improvement, maybe?

Maybe he's just really shy? :D

To be fair ive not had anything horrific happen apart from Yodel trying to not deliver my Google Phone, what a pain that was. I usually get DPD and they have been nothing but brilliant, the txt to tell you when they actually turn up is a godsend, how other couriers dont do this is beyond me!

Hermes just delivered my Babylon 5 box set, strange as my flat mate is at work as am I. I check the tracking and its "Left Securely in porch" I live ina small 2 level block of flats, I have no porch, just a block door and my front door......!!!!!

I'm not back home till tomorrow evening, hopefully its ok.

Hermes just delivered my Babylon 5 box set, strange as my flat mate is at work as am I. I check the tracking and its "Left Securely in porch" I live ina small 2 level block of flats, I have no porch, just a block door and my front door......!!!!!

I'm not back home till tomorrow evening, hopefully its ok.

Zathras leave parcel, customer complain. Zathras take parcel, customer complain. Either way, bad for Zathras.

I suspect someone (delivery person or neighbour) is stealing parcels from my doorstep (block of flats, not staffed).

1. Hermes claim to have delivered a parcel last week from Company A. Signature was obtained despite no one being home. Came home, and no parcel. Asked around, no one said they'd taken it in.
2. Complained to Company A, they declared it as lost, and have resent the item.
3. Today, Hermes claim to have delivered that second, identical parcel from Company A. Signature was obtained despite no one being home. Came home, and no parcel. Asked around, no one said they'd taken it in.

So someone, or the delivery staff, are signing for the parcel, and it's then disappearing into their hands or those of another.

Not sure if there is an official "Hermes are crap" thread, but another in the list

Ordered a kettle, which was delivered to our warehouse at 10.29pm with the tracking details of 'posted through letterbox'

Now you wouldn't really think a kettle would fit through a letterbox would you...

Upon informing the seller we haven't received the item, they chased Hermes and it's now magically changed to 'Lost in Transit'....funny that

Wife and I were working in garden this morning - went in and found a note from Hermes "Parcel at side of compost bags" - went and looked and sure enough there it was - Never had a problem yet.

Wife and I were working in garden this morning - went in and found a note from Hermes "Parcel at side of compost bags" - went and looked and sure enough there it was - Never had a problem yet.

I've just had a delivery from Hermes, was out but they left it in "a safe place"...outside my front door in plain view.

Oh, and a dirty great hole in the packaging, I would have refused it, in person.

I suspect someone (delivery person or neighbour) is stealing parcels from my doorstep (block of flats, not staffed).

1. Hermes claim to have delivered a parcel last week from Company A. Signature was obtained despite no one being home. Came home, and no parcel. Asked around, no one said they'd taken it in.
2. Complained to Company A, they declared it as lost, and have resent the item.
3. Today, Hermes claim to have delivered that second, identical parcel from Company A. Signature was obtained despite no one being home. Came home, and no parcel. Asked around, no one said they'd taken it in.

So someone, or the delivery staff, are signing for the parcel, and it's then disappearing into their hands or those of another.

Stealing parcels from doorsteps is quite common in the US it seems. People actually drive/walk around looking for them. I didn't think it went on over here so much. I guess it's a given in certain areas now though.

Some people do make a fun game out of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxhDk-hwuo

Last edited:
I had a delivery from Hermes today. To be delivered to my work between 8am and 10am. No one would be in till 9, got a text at 10am saying it has been changed to between 11am and 1pm. A minute after 11 it got delivered. Depends more on the area / driver / pressure to deliver than Hermes itself.

Hermes have really upped their game in my area recently.

At work the guy is really friendly and gave me his number because he normally delivers later in the day, so if we’re going go be closed by the time he gets there I can call him and tell him to either deliver to a neighbour or try tomorrow.

At home it was awful before, parcels going missing, saying they couldn’t deliver and the photo they take of the property to say they tried a photo of the balcony from the other side of a river, but they’re new online tracking seems good and again, had a delivery the other day and the driver called me and asked if it was ok to leave the parcel outside the door, which was appreciated :)

Hermes strikes again. I saw the van pulling up through the window. Walked through the house and out of the front door. Van is turning round. As I open door and step out, he drives off without stopping. Check for parcel, no sign of it. Run down the drive after van but he screeches out of the drive and round the corner. Make entire circuit of house to see if it's been left anywhere else. Go back inside and find a parcel delivered email from Hermes. There is a photo of outside my front door, the same door I reached as he turned his van round. There is no parcel. Anywhere. Intend to report this to police as he obviously intended to pinch my Next delivery as the photo of my door doesn't show the floor, OR my parcel.

I actively try and avoid Herpes as much as possible. Annoyingly some companies you cant choose the courier.

Totally agree, the only way to get a better service if at all possible from them, is to complain through the company you ordered from.

I have had times when I have booked a day off and paid for delivery on a specific date, only to have them drive by and chuck a "we missed you" card. I've heard that's quite common so they can meet their daily delivery quota attempts.

On calling them up, saying that my flatmate had just came back to the property with the card, they tried to tell me on the phone that I wasn't in, and had to wait until tomorrow. After that attempt, I monitored their tracking and similar thing happened at a second property.

Back
Top Bottom