Heroes of the Storm

Soldato
Blizzard's barking at the wrong tree with this one. The MOBA genre is popular among gamers who are willing to put serious time in it, not casuals, and I doubt many gamers will go for a dumbed down MOBA just because it features Blizzard characters.

Associate
I just got invited and as there are no more wipes planned its essentially Beta now in all but name. Expect an invite soon.. they seem to be bringing a lot more people in.

Found an invite to the Technical alpha in my spam folder from Oct 15th!

Managed to play through the tutorial and a couple of practice games last night. Pretty slick game for an alpha.

Still not sure if MOBA's are my thing, but it has been fun enough so far for me to want to try it out more.

Associate
Still not sure if MOBA's are my thing, but it has been fun enough so far for me to want to try it out more.

Me neither but I'm also enjoying it. Not sure if playing with Randoms will be that much fun. If you had a regular team I could see it being a lot more fun.

Well polished and shiny as you'd expect from Blizzard. It has crashed on me a few times though that's to be expected I guess.

If any other noobs want to posse up msg me in game :)

Soldato
Blizzard's barking at the wrong tree with this one. The MOBA genre is popular among gamers who are willing to put serious time in it, not casuals, and I doubt many gamers will go for a dumbed down MOBA just because it features Blizzard characters.

All forms of games have more casual versions, and in the main they are more popular because they are more accessible to casual players. Perhaps the reason why MOBAS only tend to be played by 'hardcore' gamers is the very fact that current titles are designed in a way where you have to invest so much time into them.

A more accesible and casual MOBA? I think you may be surprised how many people would play it, and in fact it may do the MOBA scene a favour. It gets people into the genre and can be used as a stepping stone into more advanced titles, which can only be a good thing?

But I agree, the wider issue of dumbing down games to suit casual players is frustrating. Just look at what they have done to Quake Live! :eek:

Associate
As a MOBA player, and to those who aren't certain about MOBAs and which to play I believe HotS and Strife are good intro MOBAs to play/learn before you check out the 'proper' MOBA's like League of Legends or DOTA 2.

HotS is OK just doesnlt seem to have the same staying power that LoL has.

Who know probably in time it will attract a good following.

Back
Top Bottom