Horrible Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The day started as typical wednesday. Drive Gf to uni then drive to work usual routine nothing special. Just the roads were extremely slippery at around 8 am as it was raining last night then it froze over the night.

So anyway left my gf at uni was driving back the road around 40 mph as it was really slippery, in front of me was some red car did not noticed what mark but it was reasonably slowly around 40 mph.The road was well small country road with two way traffic. then there was some part that u could drive straight without any corners, at the end of the straight road there was a bend and the sign "welcome to some sort of village".the car in front of me accelerated probably to a 50mph on the straight stretch of the road. and then it all happened before the bent i noticed the car braking quite hard and it just hit the "welcome to some village sign" (the sign was made from rocks) and it diapered over the the ledge.

I was quite shocked what i seen , but i though hopefully they ok and somewhere on the grass sitting over the ledge.
I stopped the car few cars stopped behind as well. got out of the car and ran to the end of the ledge to see if everyone was ok.
And i could believe what i sow the drop of the other side of the ledge was about 15 feet. and there was no sign of the car. there was a lake !

Ran back to the car were other people were stopped shouting "call 999"
took my jacket shouting at some lads i need your help.
So we stumbled down the edge to the lake seen the car rooftop close to the surface. im not sure how deep it was around 5 ~ 6 feet maybe.

We ran in to the water witch was cold as hell. got to the car eventually.
Took big breath and went under water to try to do open the door. the would not open how hard i would try.
There was women and a kid and they were not moving, there heads were above the water but water was rising fast.
I sufficed from a water all shaking dont know if it was cold or shock. shouted " i cant get it open "

Eventually car was full of water and trying many times to brake or open the door the doors opened. I grabbed the kid and was trying to pull him out just then noticed that the seat belt was in the way. took me a while to find as it could not see anything under the water. the other guy was trying to pull out the women.
after few times getting some air. i got the seatbelt and pulled the kid out was stumbling to get him out of the lake as it was muddy and slippery. other people were helping me out eventually we pulled him out the water and some women as she said she was a nurse was doing cpr to the kid.

I noticed that they did not pull the women out so ran in to the water. to the other 2 guys shouting whats wrong. he said she is stuck. i was shouting to unclip her seatbelt but he said he already done it.We tried again and again and she would come out after attempts and submersions under the water, we could not get her out. (i think her legs were stuck in buckled car or something)

The time was going so slowly , by that time few ambulances came and one took the kid. people tried to pull the car out with some rope. but the cars would not able to pull it out. eventually fire brigade came and puled the car out. at that time loads of time has passed, i thought it was hours but it was about 30~40 min. the doctors were all over the women and she did not look good she was pale , and not in good shape.
it took another around 15~20 minutes to get her out. and they took her away by ambulance.

I sat on the mud looking at the lake , i dont know what i was thinking. my throat was sore my nose was sore. i felt the dirty muddy waters taste inside my nose and throat.
garda"police" was all over the place. then some fireman came covered me with blanked apparently i was shaking like hell. then another ambulance came. they tols me to come over just to check if i am alright. they asked me if i want to go over the hospital to check my self i said no.

garda "police officer" came over and asked me for details. i told him what happened. i asked him if they ok the officer, said that the women does not look good, but the kid hopefully be alright.i asked if i can go home, gave him contact details if i am needed, went to my car.
i found my jacket in the middle of the road. put it on my driving seat drove home.
still shocked about what happened took 2 tablets of Valium and crashed on the bed.

sorry if there grammar mistakes and stuff, just thought i would share this.

edit: well theres few pictures today well driving by sorry bad quality. was bad weather and windy.

thats the long stretch leading to the bend

thats the sign the car hit pretty much nothing left of it.

also stopped local shop to ask around hows if they alright. sadly the women died but the kid is alright and currently in hospital. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
bloomin hell. hope everyone invovled is ok and

be proud of what you did though. infact have 5 stars for it. it could have been so much worse if you and the others wherent there to help

Soldato
WOW, sounds horrific, and the last thing you would want to see when looking over the ledge.

A big hi-5 and a blanket from me, would like to hope I would do the same if the situation arose. But I would alwas remember from irobot to go for the kid first, then the woman. Must have been horrible for her to be soo stuck and not being able to free her.

Soldato
Well done, a true heroic attitude helping those people. Sounds like you gave it your all and did the best you could and people are still alive as a result.

You should be proud of yourself, don't know how many other people would even stop to bother helping if it was in England.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Don't beat yourself up over it, you have saved someone's life today. I have a lot of respect for you for that, as will the child's family.

Let's hope the mother makes a recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom